Friday, September 9, 2022

More change

Yesterday was the day we've wondered about for a while . Amazing that the Queen was working two days ago, dealing with two prime ministers. 

I have a couple of favorite images from when she came as near to ordinary life as she ever did, serving in the ATS in wartime.


If she had not ended up on the throne, I think she could have been a happy country woman with horses and dogs and an old station wagon. As it turned out, it wasn't to be, and she played the hand she was dealt. Not a bad epitaph, come to think of it.

In other news my doctor is worried because I've lost a lot of weight. I don't have much to spare. I think the stress of the summer, she wants to see me again November. Off to the dentist today, so that will address some stress. The I signed up for the latest Covid booster, but the website wasn't clear on whether it is the latest, so I emailed for confirmation. 

Anyway that's where we are more or less.

This seems like a good artwork for the day


Happy day everyone, keep on keeping on.

Photo AC 


 

12 comments:

  1. I certainly thought about you when I heard the news of the Queen. If I believed in an afterlife, I would hope that Elizabeth's held dogs and horses and hikes on windy bluffs overlooking the sea and puddles of children and grandchildren who love her purely for being Granny Lilibet without all of the messiness of royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I guess it means something to you. Personally, as an American I don't understand American fascination with the British monarchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was posting about her out of politeness. A monarchy that was founded on erasing my religion doesn't mean anything good to me. But that's for another time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am neither pro nor anti monarchy. I think she did her job with dignity and class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for your health
    With all you've had to deal with, a few pounds off would seem normal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lost a lot of weight over broken leg and not cooking and not knowing how to get food. When I finally got that all settled, I weighed 110, down from 120. I realised the diet I'd settled on was maintaining but not gaining. I set out to gain weight by eating a lot of cream filled pastries. When I reached 115 I was pretty tired of them, so switched back to my regular diet I was maintaining on. I've stayed there the rest of the summer and up to now at 115.
    In short, add fattening foods to gain, then go back to maintaining.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Anvilcloud. I couldn't support the establishment of a monarchy in any place that hasn't got one but I have seen the stability that an apolitical head of state represents in UK. I also feel very sorry for anyone born into that role - no real power, all obligation.... and the scrutiny! How many of us could survive the scrutiny?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eat more! WE can't have you fading away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The advice to eat cream pastries is pretty attractive! The thing is that I always eat well, never low-fat, always the whole milk, real butter, yogurt, all that. Three squares a day and I still lose weight through stress. So we'll see once the stress abates what happens. Meanwhile maybe ice cream is called for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I suspect most people would lose some weight with all the stress you've been dealing with lately. Like others have suggested perhaps some high-calorie treats will help you put it back.
    I find myself saddened more than I ever expected over the loss of our Queen. We've known it was coming and thought we were prepared but it seems to have blindsided us. She deserves her rest and all the accolades that are her due.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmmmm - Blog-grrrr hiccuped so I don't know if my comment went through....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!