Sunday, September 18, 2022

Misfits and fake candy

 Misfits box yesterday




After many years of not liking them, I rediscovered a taste for red seedless grapes.

Some for regular eating, some now in the freezer -- frozen seedless grapes work just like candy, sweet and crunchy.

The reason for the crowd of carrots is that I needed a couple of extra items to complete the minimum charge, and they're needed for soup along with the butternut squash. Some are now in ice water in the fridge, stay crisp for days that way, handy for a snack while you're wondering what to eat. 

When Handsome Son was very small, I used to keep a little dish of cooked carrots in the bottom of the fridge right where he could reach. He would swipe one when I opened the door , thinking he was so clever!

Cauliflower for roasting with onions and scallions.

I found that as usual I'd made more than enough rice the other day, so I converted some of it to make rice pudding on top of the stove. With the walnuts and cranberries, and a bit of cane sugar, it made a nice late night snack. 

Today is about making stock from the trimmings of the vegetables,then soup, probably squash and carrot.

Saturday I had a delayed reaction to the booster, tired, uninterested in food, and a bit low in energy. I had to rest in the middle of prepping the vegetables and breaking down the box.  

I had taken a walk and wondered if my suddenly wobbly legs were going to get me home, but they did anyway. 

So it was a quiet day, visit with Amitha getting caught up, but quite a bit of dozing off when I thought I was reading. Just the usual word to the wise in case you get the booster, to avoid getting it when you're expecting to be busy. I thought I'd got away with no reaction this time.

Such an exciting action packed post today!

Happy day everyone! Get boosted when you can, freeze grapes. Enjoy the day. 


Photo AC 

7 comments:

  1. I just don't like grapes anymore. No matter how sweet they are I detect a bitterness in them. Weird. Tastes change, I guess.
    Sorry you didn't get away with no reaction from the booster. Anything that sparks our immune system is probably going to give us at least a mild reaction. Worth it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like seedless red grapes every once in awhile too. Very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve never frozen grapes. Great suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't had The Shot yet. Booster three, that is. Not looking forward, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very clever and enterprising with your food. I am not sure enterprising is the exact thing that I want to say, but it will have to suffice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I buy grapes but then they never seem to get eaten. So I guess I don't like them all that much. It's the skin I think which is always a little bitter. My great niece is getting married in two weeks and I'm going so I need to get my next booster as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost never buy grapes - they can be so tart they are just unpleasant. Still, when I make chicken salad, I like to add in seedless grapes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!