Friday, September 16, 2022

Boud 2, obstacles 0

 Here's a joyful picture


It's the view from the recovery area after I got the bivalent Covid booster yesterday. Success. I had tried yet again to make an appointment at a different CVS. 

why CVS you ask? Because Rite Aid and Walgreens, the only other chains with vaccine sites, had no appointments within 25 miles. In NJ that means up to two hours away. In NJ, heavily traveled, you explain distance by time required not by miles.

Anyway back to CVS,and this time I took a same day slot, figuring they had less time to run out before I got there.

I knew where this store was, meaning I only got lost twice on the way, and once coming home, pretty much my style.

And the other customers were lovely, once they heard me speak, offering condolences (!) and was I watching all the funeral events. It was done in a friendly way though, not that "othering" intended by the rude " where are you from, really?" type of question.

And the pharma was lovely, very cheerful, assured me it was the right vaccine, took care of me early because he could, and all went well. 

I had to switch from Moderna to Pfizer to get an appointment,  but I'm told that's not a problem. And the aftereffects are nothing more than a sore arm. Nothing like the days down with fever and chills and weakness after the other boosters.

Part Two of my excellent day was that the formerly nonworking website for my prescriptions sent an update email about renewal, complete with working link. 

I was able to get in and navigate and it's working. None of the malarkey I experienced in August when they nearly drove me mad. 

My theory is that whoever knew how to run the website and do updates correctly was on vacation, and it was fixed after they got back. 

My son the geek says that's not a joke, it's very likely why I was getting such silly advice, people over their heads treading water till she got back.

After a celebratory little bag of m&ms, I took a look at the plants to come indoors soon. 

This is why it's good to let pots contact the ground, so they flourish by putting down roots through the pot. Both the basils are doing well and once I clear these hair roots, they'll adapt to the kitchen for ready use. 

This is  about the fifth year I've done this with the Thai basil, letting it reseed in the same pot. First year I've grown the Italian basil from seed in a pot.

And since lunch was interrupted by the vaccine trip, it became dinner, tilapia on a bed of basmati rice cooked with walnuts and dried cranberries .



The fish was just excellent quality, from Misfits, 385°f for fifteen minutes, butter and oil and Old Bay. This is one of three dinners I'll get from it. 

Very easy cooking, and very happy results. My style.

Happy day everyone, may all your attempts be successful today.






10 comments:

  1. My word you eat well. it is an inspiration just to see what you have cooked for dinner today. Art is a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Mr T like fish? I never had a cat who did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Bivalent Booster!

    The fish sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s great news about the vaccine and the prescription. The same day appointment did the trick for the vaccine. The new one is starting to be distributed here now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had fish last night too. It was delicious. And quite oddly, Maurice did want a nibble. She never eats anything but cat food and lunch meat! I tell you who else loves fish- chickens! But they love just about any protein.
    So glad you got the booster. Over and done! Yay you! Now enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice that your web experience was good this time. Often I think it's easier to wait on terminal hold than have my frustration level bursting out of my ears! The biggest problem here with leaving your container plants on the ground - the fire ants assume that's a perfect home and move in and kill the plant eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also do time instead of miles. We can get our booster next month. I am having fish tonight, maybe I'll make basmati, too

    I have had no luck bringing herbs in for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, so you have maintained your accent, at least to ours ears. Would people from home think that you had lost it, though?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, English visitors poke fun at how vurry Murican I sound!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!