Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Late flowers, backyard in fall, easy quiche

 Yesterday I walked the entire perimeter of the development, cool sunny day




And home again noticed a few bell peppers ready to pick. Gary's been offering me them for ages and I haven't accepted because I don't like bell peppers. Except in a Trenton pepper, onion meatball sub, best in the world.

But since these would go to waste, I wondered if I should pick and find a way to cook them I'd like.

There followed the onion, pepper crustless quiche








Eggs, milk, flour, blue cheese and shredded sharp cheddar, beaten together, poured over the peppers and onions, 350°f 35 minutes. Note to self: do this again. 

Happy day everyone, cook what you like to eat, or get a Trenton sub, whichever is more practical.



11 comments:

  1. I don't care for raw bell peppers but I like them cooked. We're having a few gorgeous days here until next week when we're supposed to have record breaking heat. Oh joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of green bell peppers, but I don't mind yellow, orange and red ones. They are tastiest when sauteed, I find. With onions, like you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never even heard of a Trenton sub. I guess they haven't made their way down south yet.
    But that does look like a good quiche.
    Lovely blue-sky day there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sandwich in question is the one made by a deli in Trenton, near the broadcast hq where I worked. It's just called a pepper onion meatball sandwich, but I canonized it as a Trenton sub!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like peppers, onion and garlic sauteed. It's good mixed with farro. You live in a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love quiche. It's usually a Monday meal when I don't feel like cooking. I often put in peppers as we have a glut of them this year. A favourite at my house is peppers stuffed with lean ground beef, grated potatoes, grated sharp cheddar cheese, grated carrot, onion and what ever spice you fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love green peppers and am pleased you found a way to make yours palatable. Browning off the onions first was the best part of all, but I'm sure you realized that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the onions were caramelized, the peppers too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grew peppers this year and though small were delicious! I’d give them a try again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds yummy. I used to like bell peppers more than I do now, but I still enjoy them on pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum - that quiche looks so good! I happen to love peppers both raw and cooked. Sadly our little balcony garden peppers didn't produce much this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!