Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Soup, roast veg, Thai basil, seedling id

This afternoon being the six months follow up mammogram appointment, where I find out if things are okay, this morning was spent in displacement activity,  busily making soup. 

Butternut, cashew, carrot, to be exact.



The little seedling continued, see also below. And the Thai basil is in for the season, complete with seeds off the plant, so my garnish is back.


If you're thinking hmmm, not many carrots there, it's all I had left after making this yesterday



Broccoli, sweet potato, carrots, onions, garlic, hot sausage. And remember that couscous I accidentally made a lot of? It's back from the freezer, and goes really well with this veg assortment. It's under there.

Back to the Rose of Sharon, it's always back to the Rose of Sharon around here. 

Here's the seedling, and though it did have the seed attached, looks unlike an R of S. I know the first two leaves don't always look like the mature ones, but I wonder.

Meanwhile, nature is getting on with the dollar spot fungus without any help from me. I think it's beautiful with early morning rain, so here it is. Again. 


Later today is Textiles and Tea, more tomorrow about that. And Handsome Son has announced a visit tomorrow, great timing, what with oatmeal cookies and great blueberry and other muffin things around the place.

Good vibes for this afternoon, please. 

Meanwhile, life's a banquet. I might not like all the courses.

12 comments:

  1. Definitely sending good thoughts (and a few prayers too) off to you. You'll be on my mind for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup sure sounds good! Sending positive vibes for your appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Holding you close in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed for a good outcome. These challenges are never good when there is waiting to be done.

    Food and photos look great as always. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very artfully arranged photo of your soup. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your sentiment at the end. ;^) That vegetable and sausage! (Mmmm) medley looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh... I realize I missed your first line! Praying right now for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be typing with crossed fingers all day. Sometimes the not-knowing is worse than anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Waiting is tough. But I'm hopeful.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!