Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Meanwhile, rugs and comfort food

Recently I saw a Hajii Baba presentation about rugs, collecting and the people of the culture which created them. Just let it flow over you!













 
OThe cross stitched hat wording is: my friends around my head, my enemies under my foot.


Hand embroidery in traditional designs, worked "in hand" meaning no hoop nor frame



 
Women weaving together.  This is home based. Men usually weave in workshops.


Here's a team of yurt makers shaping the framework



 
Silk worm cocoons


 Here's silk thread awaiting weaving


 
Silk weaving in progress


 
Three generations, daughter in school uniform left grandmother center, mother right



 
Amazingly modern looking design


Some ancient fragments


Lovely presentation because he made a point of including the people and places, for a better understanding.

Back Chez Boud, there's an interval in the ongoing nor'easter, and I thought comfort food would be a good idea.



Bowtie pasta with browned onions and garlic, over lightly cooked broccoli, sharp cheddar cheese sauce,  crumbled Gorgonzola and a shake of cayenne. 20 minutes at 375°. Lunch.

8 comments:

  1. I love all the fabric arts and probably would have ended up there if I hadn't stumbled on glass etching and casting. and your lunch looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great way to spend a (very) wet day. Those textiles are incredible. And yay comfort food! We've been eating soups for days, with our recent very wet weather (SO welcome here!).

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra, yes, I like particularly how he honored the older women creating this lovely stitching.
    Ellen, yes, I guess the two are not very transferable.
    Isn't it nice to just let it flow by you, e? Just to enjoy a river of art.
    Chris, tomorrow handsome Son comes for dinner, and I'm all set so I wasn't concerned about getting out. In waiting to hear when he gets safely home yet. Shift ends in 45 minutes but the rain has let up a bit. I wonder if it veered east of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful embroidery work. Beautiful rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting textiles once again. Sure would be nice to see some of them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing looking textiles and amazing looking food as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!