Thursday, October 7, 2021

Back online and the library takes a bow, snd fall colors

WiFi finally returned, no idea what that was about. Since I'm a guest on a friend's signal, I don't know. Could be anything  from an IP failure, truck hit a cable box, friend's dog bit the router, no knowing. I'm so grateful to have this huge favor, I'm not asking. But you do miss it when it's down.

I drove to the library to catch up on internet needs, and here it is. No indoor pictures these days. 




There's an open space with a fountain playing in nonpandemic times, they'll come again, paths in red pavers, very calm setting. 

This is where hundreds of us gathered to watch the total eclipse a couple of years ago, great to see it in company. I walked around the square today while I was there on a lovely day. Great skies, turkey vultures flying, too high for pictures.

The building is open with precautions. Easy to maintain distance. It was a good change of scene, which I probably need more of.

Then, at home, another walk later, just to look at leaves. Including poison ivy, of which we have almost enough.






I watched a Hajii Baba rug presentation this evening which will need a mass of editing, so many slides. After nearly two hours I left the meeting, starting to get blurry. Wonderful images, though and I'll work on that tomorrow. The presenter was so in love with the subject he couldn't bring it to a stop!

9 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear you are back online! You have a beautiful library. I love the peaceful feel of being in a library. Maybe it is all those books giving off good vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice facility and a beautiful area. That presentation sounds a bit long though I'm glad your speaker knew his subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Covid has reduced services at the library here but it manages to stay open. An important lifeline for many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine all closed for everything but curbside pickup for s long time. They just now opened close to regular hours and it's so good to be able to drop in.

      Delete
  4. It just feels "off" when there is no internet, doesn't it?
    Glad you got it back. Glad you could go to the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a real fear when everything was closed! If I lose my signal where to find one?

      Delete
  5. We're finally allowed in our library but I haven't spent much time there. I seem to be still relying on placing holds online and then just popping in to pick them up. I was there yesterday and I was the only one in there so I wonder if most people are still leery about going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know a couple of people just not ready. My book group had three participants, down from the usual dozen or more.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!