Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Good news part one

Blogging in two parts today.

First, thank you all for the good vibes. Clearly quality stuff, since they worked.

First they gave me a little zippy purse,

possibly a makeup bag, for me a handy project bag, because this month is about breast cancer, which I wish weren't plagued with pink. 

I could have used a navigator to get there, because, simple as it is, I was nervous enough to make several circuits before I got the right building, choice of two, I ask you.

I'm on the same page as their reminder call which left a message giving everything except day, date and time, and requesting I be there twenty-two minutes early..

Anyway all went well, great compression needed for this follow up, ow, to get best images.  Then they said the doctor wanted to see the film immediately and give me instant results, a truly good patient first approach.

Immediately was about 45 minutes, during which this was useful to keep me calm.


And the upshot is that all's well, the anomaly still the same, nothing significant, resume normal schedule. Breathe again.

Thank you, team!

Then I got lost trying to get out of the building, following exit signs that only led to more exit signs..a kind doctor asked if I was trying to get out and redirected me.  

I doubt if I'm the first patient feeling like a rat in a maze. I suspect the design accommodates the state of the art equipment in its central core and humans are on their own.

Anyway I got home fine. Cup of tea. Little victory dance.

Then an excellent Textiles and Tea, about which more next, in part two.

See you soon.

22 comments:

  1. Great news! Lovely. Savor that tea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odd how everything tastes better at times like this.

      Delete
  2. Excellent! The best news!
    I can relate to losing your way in the maze of offices and buildings. My surgeon's office is in an annex type building of a hospital and I was glad I'd given myself extra time to find the damn place.
    Now...relax. Cup of tea and a muffin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having found it successfully several times is no guarantee of ever managing it again! I bet I could do it today, though, if I didn't have an appointment waiting at the end!

      Thanks for lovely words of support.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. Technician was happy to deliver it, too.

      Delete
  4. So glad all is okay. Take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I missed this post, but I found it tonight! I'm so happy to hear of your good results!!! I know it was a big relief to you. I understand getting turned around driving there. When I have a lot on my mind I commonly miss my turn and realize it too late. I'm glad they gave you results on the same day too. That helps a lot I'm sure. Relax and breathe now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I allow extra time because when I'm anxious I'm even more direction challenged than usual!

      Delete
  6. such a relief. Been there, played grownup through the whole process, and was told quite kindly that 'you're okay, he's just checking the results a bit more." I'm so happy for you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to read the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you. You know all about waiting for results.

      Delete
  9. It is scary being told you need to come back for more examination. But, very happy your turned out positive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news indeed!!! You'll gladly suffer through the maze getting to and fro to receive good news like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!