Thursday, April 8, 2021

Great Day, happy pearlful dance

Today went like a platonic ideal of a  day. Both fully vaccinated, feeling safer though careful.

The weather warm enough to take dessert and tea outside. Handsome Son coming through with a great Easter dinner 

All I had to do was lay the table and sit at it. Bread sticks and Gouda cheese. Then garlic potatoes, ham steaks with English mustard, mixed veggies.

I moved us to the patio which I'd set up with rugs and pillows, for tea and desserts. 

Great chats about shoes and ships and sealing wax, and cabbages and kings. 

And this evening is beach reading, Olivia Goldsmith, one I hadn't read before. 

Handsome Son also brought a few grocery items, nearly two weeks since I saw him, including my first try of Kerrygold butter, unsalted. Two little dabs on a bread stick. Testing, testing..

On a scale of one to ten:  eleven. They are not paying me to say this.

I hope everyone had as good a day. 



10 comments:

  1. What sweetness!
    I am afraid to try Kerrygold for fear that nothing else will do after that. Should I dare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do say there is that danger. The price might keep it in check though.

      Delete
  2. Kerrygold is all I use for everything. Unsalted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my default with any butter is unsalted. I like to know how much salt I'm putting in. But it was 3.99 half a pound, a whole lot more than the other brands, and certainly more than the house brand I often get. It might find its way onto my list, for all that.

      Delete
  3. I have heard that Irish butter is the tastiest there is! Not sure why?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you and your handsome son had a wonderful celebration of family and Easter! Extra special for you since he brought the food. I have heard of that butter but never tried it. Like Ms. Moon, I'm almost afraid to try it! I'm so happy you had a good day with your son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was great. Maybe because we had to wait for it.

      Delete
  5. Aw, breadsticks dunked in butter! Don't tempt me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!