Tuesday, December 16, 2025

Nice day, car woes, not mine

Thank you everyone for great wishes and I had a good day of greeting, cards, posts, messages, calls, a lot of attention.

Including a call from Gary wishing me a happy, and reporting on Mike the Artist Contractor whose ancient van broke down finally at the end of the street. Full court press of neighbors pushed it home. On ice.

Then a call from Mike the AC, wishing me, and reporting on the same thing! He didn't say anything about my car having left so recently now that he needs another ASAP, and I was nice and didn't either.

Amazing the life that pours in on me while I'm sitting peacefully on the sofa reading about one of Henry Eight's six wives. And playing games on the advent calendar.

Vital report: 8" of snow fell here. 

I'm hoping to get a birthday service gift Wednesday, when handsome Son is off work -- errands. To be exact, food to the food pantry, then packages to the PO. Then home for cake and tea. 

My life is just one giddy whirl of frivolity and pleasure. Level One.

Happy day everyone, frivol, and dance in the kitchen.

 





Sez Ted and Big Ursy, too 




27 comments:

  1. Belated happy birthday wishes!
    I love the idea of life pouring in while you're sitting on the settee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated birthday wishes. I’m off to the kitchen to frivol and dance and pour a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in a very joyful mood. 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering I'm well, no aches, no pain, I oughta be!

      Delete
  4. It sounds like a lovely day! And the celebrating isn’t done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are cozy and comfortable while the world is snowy outside, and whirling along with cars and vans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To me your life sounds downright buzzing with activity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. For a person who lives alone it's amazing how many interupted meals I have.

      Delete
  7. You deserve a time of giddy frivolity! So glad you enjoyed your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Car woes are fine, when they're someone else's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking at a day of taking care of things like banking and insurance blah, blah, blah. And if I have the time, to begin filling out a novel-length form for us to get started with creating a trust in case we are not immortal. Silly thought! Names and birth dates of all children and their spouses and grandchildren and many more things I will not know the answers to.
    Also, the refrigerator repairman is coming. SO much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's the advantage of a trust over a will? Is it to avoid probate?

      Delete
  10. I shall endeavor to frivol:)

    Yesterday it was 6C and everything was melting. -18C last night, everything froze. -5C today. The weather is giving me whiplash.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a nice day and the happy days continue for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My day is done for now. A trip to Eugene and home is enough for one day. Have a grand evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a peaceful evening, Nicole, you've got something to deal with.

      Delete
  13. Just wanted to thank you for the well wishes for my eyes. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dancing in the caravan kitchen is an exercise in care and restraint. Dance in the rain perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday! Eight inches of snow and no car to dig out sounds like a nice birthday gift to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!