So, Wednesday, Handsome Son did a service birthday present or two: took packages of whistles and lanyards and socks and gloves to the PO, food to the food pantry ready for their next distribution.
Then he came home and we had tea and fruitcake and we studied his new phone -- someone who worked in high tech over twenty years is happy with a flip phone!
In some ways it's better than my slightly higher tech phone which drops Wi-Fi, won't transmit pictures by text and doesn't have a functioning data system for non Wi-Fi environments. Other than that, Mrs Lincoln, I think I need a new phone. This one had flaws I didn't know about before I started using it.
Mostly it serves its purpose, but I now need one which I can use to call ride services from even when not in a WiFi environment. Otherwise I would need to guess my return time and prebook, more $$. A lot of my destinations have WiFi, no problem but not all. So there's that.
Meanwhile the Christmas cactus is quietly budding ready for the day, despite my inept care.
And about our snow, yes, it's still here. It's going to warm up later.
And here's a skill I need to try. I'm not very good at it, but I'm studying. I stole this from Magpie, full disclosure.
Happy day everyone, does anyone have the chance to do nothing, ever?






My late partner was very good at doing nothing, perhaps because he was English, although he didn't sit around with cups of tea. I am not good at doing nothing. Aside from seeing a theatre performance or film, it would be rare for me to sit for more than twenty minutes without getting up. It is said to be good to keep moving, so there is that to it, but I rather wish I could be more like others and sit still for longer.
ReplyDeleteThe snow is getting to that ugly stage. Plants must be feeling some excitement already about the arrival of spring.
I’ve gotten pretty good at doing nothing.
ReplyDeleteI need that last skill this week too. It’s been a busy one!
ReplyDeleteYes, we all need periods of doing nothing, just to rest and recharge.
ReplyDeleteI rarely have time to do nothing. I make work all the time:)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a nice visit with your son.
I don’t do well at doing nothing, but it is nothing, much that I do. Are posting and reading blogs something or almost nothing?
ReplyDeleteI always FEEL as if I am doing nothing. "I haven't done a thing all day!" I say. I'm not even sure what I mean by that. Mostly that I have nothing to show for whatever it was I did do.
ReplyDeleteYes. You deserve a phone you can count on to be there when you need it.
I, unfortunately, have become too skilled at doing nothing. HS gave some needed and appreciated service gifts.
ReplyDeleteYes, I would say a new phone is called for! Your cactus is much later than ours -- further evidence that ours is, in fact, a Thanksgiving cactus, if not Halloween!
ReplyDeleteWhen my body took over my life over 20 years ago I was forced to learn how to do nothing. Before that I was an Energizer bunny type so it wasn't an easy transition, but I have become quite skilled at it. Netflix couldn't have arrived at a better time. ;)
ReplyDeleteIt's warmer and rainy here so our snow is melting away. My son and his family coming from Texas will be disappointed as they were hoping to do some sledding for the week they are here but the weather forecast will not cooperate with that plan, I think!
ReplyDeleteI heard a news report recently that said that flip phones are now in high demand so HS is definitely on trend. We still have a landline and wonder how much longer it will be available. I hate the thought of being forced to carry a phone with me everywhere I go (my cell phone is in my purse but the only time I turn it on is when we go to pick up our grocery order and have to call them to let them know we've arrived).
ReplyDeleteI haven't had a landline in many years. Too expensive and rarely used.
Delete