Misfits today, driver Quinn in a white van, which looks like a Misfits but without the graphics.
Canned goods and ketchup for the food pantry -- condiments always welcome to make plain food appetizing.
Garlic paste which is now a staple, great for garlic bread, hake because I need a bit of ocean fish, NZ blogistas, thank you, from your ocean, blackberries because it's been ages, tofu for various dishes, mostly crunchy, yellow potatoes to boil then roast, tuna for favorite tuna melt when I don't feel like cooking.
Lemons for lemon box experiments, watch this space. Nothing wasted -- I'll use the contents as usual. As you see, they're on the Big Side. Two were free, redeemed with points, even better.
I was interested to see the responses to doing nothing. Some people's versions of nothing look like perpetual motion to this reader! But then I remember the older lady I knew as a kid who told me she'd had a hectic day, she'd cleaned two handbags. It's all relative.
And there are people who see reading as doing nothing. I also suspect people who say they've done nothing mean they haven't made anything, even a fuss. But they haven't been sitting with their hands folded.
Lovely day, Thursday, got the recycling out now the ice has retreated, continued with Queen Jane formerly known as Seymour, obligatory check-in with the Advent calendar with games to play and elves to find.
Washed and organized the groceries, planned fish, mash and broccoli for dinner. thought how lucky I am to afford good ingredients, a big part of being well.
Happy day everyone, look for something to enjoy in these tough days. There's usually something to laugh at, even if it's yourself.








To trade on the stereotype, cleaning out two women's handbags could be considered a hectic day's work.
ReplyDeleteYes, depends on the handbags, I suppose!
Delete'For food and drink and meat to eat we give you thanks, O Lord'!
ReplyDeletewe are definitely the fortunate ones.
I never forget, having known hunger in the past, the joy of having good food. And I'm thankful to the work of the people who pick and pack and bring it to my step. That's one of the reasons I name the drivers, and send tips and thanks by name, so they're acknowledged.
DeleteI’ve got a lot of nothing to do today. It can be exhausting.
ReplyDeleteSo true. It might be less tiring to just do something.
DeleteYeah, I guess ‘nothing’ needs a definition.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like something Charlie Brown might say.
DeleteGood looking groceries there! I was surprised yesterday to find a lovely piece of fish when digging around in the freezer. Saving it till next week. Hope you have a happy Friday also!
ReplyDeleteIt's always good to find some food you'd forgotten you had. Specially fish.
DeleteLooking forward to seeing the lemon box(es) you will make!
ReplyDeleteWe'll see how they work out. Successful or not, they'll smell delicious.
DeleteI'm tempted to try lemon or orange boxes, but . . . but . . . there's always a but.
ReplyDeleteBut what??
DeleteIt's so funny how every Thursday, without fail, I remember that it is your Misfits day. We have all become part of each others' worlds, haven't we?
ReplyDeleteYes, and I note your Friday evening routine!
DeleteI find myself often laughing at myself. It's either that or cry! You have another week of excellent food on hand.
ReplyDeleteWe are pretty funny, really. Taking our little lives so seriously!
DeleteActivity IS all relative, as you said. Sometimes when I'd mention on my blog having a "busy day" and that entailed walking the dog and doing laundry, my brother would tease me. But hey, busy is in the eye of the beholder!
ReplyDeleteYes, my doing nothing entails a lot of things. But getting breaks between make it feel like nothing.
DeleteBlessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused:)
ReplyDeleteThat is so true, especially now that my hands aren't as nimble as they used to be, some hilarious contortions and catching things in midair which then spill on me, endless material.
DeleteMaybe they think it is nothing productive in their eyes.
ReplyDeleteCathy
Yes, I think that's a fair conclusion.
DeleteI actually did have a busy day today. Sad family drama but I was able to help so a good deed day but it's rough to see what dementia is doing to my brother.
ReplyDeleteThat's a tough situation, Ellen. So hard to watch and deal with.
DeleteI noticed the big lemons right away--lol! ;)
ReplyDeleteHumor really does help a lot. :)
You use humor to handle a lot of difficult days.
DeleteI thought the giant lemons looked funny!
I’ve been using garlic paste recently and quite like it.
ReplyDeleteThe lazy cook's way to garlic bread!
DeleteI have to admit I started buying garlic paste. So much easier than pealing and crushing.
ReplyDeleteIt’s not cheating. It’s working smarter rather than harder
Yes, quicker too!
DeleteMerry Christmas, I think.
ReplyDeleteBack atcha, certainly.
DeleteI am very late with my birthday wishes - if you are the 14th I celebrated the night before with my niece for her 21st, and if you are the 15th then you share the day with my primary school best friend.
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to your lemon offerings? I don't mind a bit of citrus.
Thank you never too late!
DeleteDoing my best to find something to laugh at these days, though I try whenever I can. Seems to get harder daily. Longing for the day to do nothing!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure doing nothing is in your high energy DNA!
DeleteI guess having a hectic day is in the eye of the beholder. I consider myself having had several days of sloth this week but I still spent most of them on the computer shaking the limbs of the family tree on Ancestry.
ReplyDeleteI think that's the difference between making things and studying.
Delete