We don't get carried away around here. This is it. The second set of figures has a backup baby, a spare, because you never know.
I skipped the Tuesday knitting group because laundry, cooking, bits of holiday stuff to do. Also serious time-sink in Advent calendar games. They're good for the brain. I claim.
I did check in with Textiles and Tea though, for a high energy session with Tina Linville, who works as a sculptor using all kinds of material including fiber. She weaves, crochets, dyes and combines unlikely old and new materials in tabletop size sculptures.
The energy that bounces off these pieces is great. And while she was talking about playing and letting the materials speak, I started thinking about doing a bit of freeform crochet again.
Great presentation and you can check her website for more. That first piece is very much like one my collab artist and I made and exhibited as Unified Field, back in the nineties.
Happy day everyone, play as if your life depended on it. Because it does.


















Those sculptures are powerhouses!
ReplyDeleteYour Christmas decorations are serene, as are ours - a peaceful way to celebrate whatever holiday(s) we celebrate.
Yes, Advent calendar games are good for the brain! Definitely time well-spent!
Chris from Boise
At first I felt lazy not putting out a lot of decorations, then realized they irritate me, so it was okay to have a low-key version. Nearer any facts in the case. Thank you for the backup on the time I'll never get back from online games!
DeleteMerry Christmas to you. I hope you have a nice day with your son.
ReplyDeleteThank you, and a merry Christmas to you in your summer hemisphere!
DeleteYay. It’s Christmas at your house. I love Linville’s whimsey art.
ReplyDeleteI think you'd like her, too, high energy, generous, nice lady.
DeleteTin’s work is striking! It speaks to me. Thank you for sharing! Merry Christmas, Boud. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI love the energy that radiates off her work. Merry Christmas, Marie.
DeleteDon't we ALL need a backup Baby Jesus?
ReplyDeleteNow more than ever!
DeleteMerry Christmas Boud!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Merry Christmas to you and family.
DeleteYour nativity sets are lovely. They are my favourite part of Christmas and I'd be happy not to bother with the tree and all the rest of it, but the RC likes them so I go along with it.
ReplyDeleteI don't know which online Advent game(s) you're doing but if it's the Jacquie Lawson version, they also have a 'house' one that I own and I often go and play the 'ball game' (for lack of a better description of what it's called). It's a one-time only purchase and as I recall not all that expensive.
Merry Christmas to you and your Handsome Son!
My replies keep appearing then vanishing. I think if my games vanish at tthe end of the advent calendar, that's probably a good thing!
DeleteHappy Christmas Eve! Ditto what everyone has already said!
ReplyDeleteDitto Eve!
DeleteI guess it is good to have a backup Jesus. :)
ReplyDeleteWhen you see what became of the first one, I think it was an oversight..
DeleteI didn't even get my nativity out this year which I always do because I love putting the Buddha behind the manger. Oh well. The vintage Santa lights are having to do.
ReplyDeleteI have to say that Ms. Linville's brain is wired a little differently than mine.
Her brain is wired very much like mine! When is Buddha's birthday? You could put out the Buddha and creche then. Goose and gander.
DeleteWhat a good idea!
DeleteThose sculptures are so interesting! I've never seen anyone do that!
ReplyDeleteLuckily my Nativity scene is not breakable as it is on the table where my grandkids like to draw and color and the sheep and shepherds keep getting knocked over!
My reply vanished. Unbreakable nativity figures are a good idea around children. Or anyone, really. Some clumsy person knocked St Joseph down and his robe is now shorter in back.
DeleteMerry Christmas Eve, Liz! Your having a backup baby made me LOL — too funny! And not a bad idea either… Tina Linville’s work is delighting me. It seems so dynamic!
ReplyDeleteShe's a lot of fun. Incredible energy level. And you can see it in her work. Merry Christmas, Suzanne.
DeleteLots of imagination is happening with those sculptures
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely art isn’t for making a living. It opens your heart mind and soul
You can see the flow of creating!
DeleteIt never hurts to have an extra baby on hand! I moved to my little house in Florida in 2009. When I decorated for Christmas, every single one of my nativity scenes was missing the baby, and I've never found any of them. Who stole those babies?
ReplyDeleteLove,
Janie
They all ran away with the circus? Maybe my backup is really yours?
DeleteI love that Vonnegut quote as it reminds me of our daughter who makes beautiful art in many different mediums yet resists trying to sell any of it.
ReplyDeleteYes, selling is largely irrelevant. She gets it.
DeleteMerry Christmas Boud. I am watching The Bishop's Wife right now.
ReplyDeleteI hope you like it.
DeleteBest idea ever -- a back-up baby!
ReplyDeleteAnyone who has produced a preschool nativity play can attest to the need for a back up baby!
Delete