Tuesday started with April and Aiko, fifteen minutes of chair yoga great for my stiff neck from sleeping wrong.
Very helpful, too.
My day starts at the moment by checking in to my online advent calendar, finding the day's elf, arranging flowers on Tuesday, and getting very engrossed in a game about placing gems on a board. I may go into withdrawal when I lose access to this game, just sayin'.
- Tuesday Knitting Group was large and fun, new members, returning former members. New people included a beginner, and a great knitter, working on yarn she'd spun, with a lot of great projects either worn by participants or in progress or both.
Toad in progress to join frog already finished and played with by a grandchild
Here's a finished sweater we've seen as it was made, and a better view of the cabled sweater
Your humble blogger is currently assembling pin woven squares into a shawl, with many helpful suggestions..
Here's a keen beginner on her first project
And a total beginner getting to grips with crochet
And here's what I was wearing today, the spun, plied, knitted woven vest you lived with me through several years ago. The picture is me cracking up at my attempt to show you the back.
I spun and plied the yarn with my trusty Schacht spindle, knitted the sections following Sarah Swett's slanted concept, then wove the yokes using a cardboard loom I cut to size. The reason I wove was to keep the shape of the heavy wool vest, and in fact it has done that, no sagging nor stretching out.
Conversation ranged over many subjects, often several at once, Quebec hotels, Lyft, selling cars, English vs Continental style knitting, wheel vs spindle spinning, our exhibit, art, bequests, cats assisting in fiber arts, and more.
Speaking of our exhibit at the library, here we are
Embroidery, Tunisian crochet, knitting, beading, so many great things. We decided we're wonderful.
Home to Textiles and Tea with
A raku potter and wet felter who combines both forms in her art. These pieces are bigger than you might think at first sight.
Typically she makes wet felt projects indoors in winter and raku firing outdoors in summer. Well, if you've done raku, with the smoke and burning paper and all, yes it's an outdoor pursuit.
Happy day, everyone, another great Tuesday happened. Just go with it. Or lie down for a few minutes.




























So many beautiful creations. I find felting fascinating. And on that note, Schacht spindle and sections … Sarah Swett's slanted conSept!
ReplyDeleteOoh, a concatenation of esses!
DeleteThat is a fun picture of you with the mirror.
ReplyDeleteThat was in 2021, I think. This vest is older than I realized.
DeleteA most interesting and stimulating day. The numbers ebb and flow in your knitting group.
ReplyDeleteThere's a steady core of people, then other more casual members. All welcome.
DeleteI love every photo in your post today. Frog and Toad! Your fab woven vest! The library display! The raku and wet felted pieces (Goddesses!)
ReplyDeleteIt was a good day for pictures!
DeleteHouse Cat Club! I like all of this. And of course you are all wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI love how we praise ourselves! So modest too.
DeleteIt's so nice to see people knitting and crocheting, at all different levels of expertise, and so nice to beginners to have an expert to help them if they get stuck.
ReplyDeleteI love that felting, especially the one that looks like a tree. Beautiful.
It's a good group, and people are very willing to help.
DeleteI recognized Frog and Toad from reading to my grandsons--lol!
ReplyDeleteLove that wild and crazy vest and seeing you laughing!
I think that last flower is my favorite of the artist's. I do love color, too. :)
I can see you painting fantasy flowers in many colors. I think everyone loves frog and toad!
DeleteI like seeing your happy face (and your pretty back)! Your group is talented!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine how that woman thought of combining the felting with pottery. Looks unusual but interesting!
She ran into a technical problem making clay lids that fitted her pots. That's when she explored other materials to use.
DeleteToday's Tea and Textiles artist truly tickled my fancy. I love her work. Whimsical and balanced and colorful and imaginative and everything I like.
ReplyDeleteThere was mostly talk about children and their behavior in pottery today. Three of the women have children at home so that's a natural. Also? Glaze. Glaze, glaze, and more glaze. Also to be expected.
She's definitely different, and people love her work, for the reasons you understand so well.
DeleteI used to get into groups to forget about kids for a while when Handsome Son was young. I think I wouldn't have lasted long in your pottery group, at least in the chatting part of it.
Actually, the talk of children rarely comes up. One woman had just spoken about how her littles enjoy arts and crafts but don't truly grasp the part about not painting their bodies with the markers and it went from there...
DeleteYou're looking super duper cute, Boud! Thank you for the idea of lots and lots of pillows. I do love a snuggly bed and reading area.
ReplyDeleteThat's a picture from 2021, when I was young.
DeleteYour group is indeed wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI've been in a few and this one is the nicest so far.
DeleteLove the fun photo of you wearing your hand work, Boud.
ReplyDeleteIt just cracked me up to see the gymnastics I was doing!
DeleteI absolutely adore that textile work - so much saturated colour.
ReplyDeleteYes, you just have to look and look.
DeleteI put a book about chair yoga on hold at the library so we'll see what I think of it when it becomes available. And of course you're wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThere are nice chair yoga videos I like to follow on YouTube. Definitely worth it to try it out. Good over the long winter to have a exercise program.
Delete