Because of the holiday falling on my delivery day my misfits came Monday. As if I didn't already get confused enough when there's a holiday.
Note the bergamot wannabes in the background starting to take shape, sssh, don't jinx them. Even that busted up one may be fixable, wabi sabi, with the last finishing stage, tissue paper and white glue.
Meanwhile back in the food world, cans for the food pantry, scallions to add in all over for crunch, apples because mid morning requires an apple, cheese to stock up again, red lentils likewise. This is a short week, so a small box, because I still have plenty from last week's delivery.
Also Handsome Son will be here bearing food on Thursday, so there will be reinforcements. I'm doing the corn, peas and roast potatoes, and he's doing practically everything else, yay.
I appear to have neglected to do any Christmas decorating, because I forgot to ask him to lift down the box from the high shelf. I'm not feeling very pressured about it though.
I will remember to watch my favorite movie of all for the season, the one that gets it. The Bishop's Wife.
Breaking from ants and plants:
News from the cactus front. Down to two buds after some clumsy gardener knocked one off while watering next to it. Boud: boo hiss. Cactus: never mind, I'll be fine. All alone. In the dark.
News from the ant front. After I put down the borax and confectioners sugar mix, there was a rush of tiny ants, then none at all. Gone. For now anyway. Boud 1, ants 0. Just now.
Happy day everyone, plants can be passy aggy, too. And ants.










Good job on the ants. Amen, Jane Goodall.
ReplyDeleteShe's going to be speaking to us for a long time.
DeleteI've never watched The Bishop's Wife - will have to look out for it.
ReplyDeleteI love it, especially Dudley the angel and the minor miracles!
DeleteI watched the first half of The Bishop’s Wife last night. Glad to have those sweet images in my mind whenever I woke up. It’s nice to see those actors again, since I remember Loretta Young on TV with the same gesture of closing a door and swooping her pretty costumes around in her show. And two British men who spoke American English the whole time!
ReplyDeleteThe cast was amazing, all star. I'm glad you watched.
DeleteI never remember what day it is. I’m always asking someone what day is it.
ReplyDeleteI’m sure you will have a Lovely day even if you don’t decorate
Yes, it will be nice with or without decor. I might get carried away and find a creche.
DeleteYou and your son seem to have divided food responsibilities well.
ReplyDeleteHe's doing more than I am, so I agree!
DeleteThat Christmas cactus is having a tough slog!
ReplyDeleteI just hope it doesn't lose the will to live.
DeleteMy Christmas cactus is of the same mindset- NO BLOOMS FOR YOU, MISSY!
ReplyDeleteBah.
I am cheering for your bergamot boxes. They can do it!
I think the cactus is still recovering from the freezing drafts then the change of location into a new group. I may move him back again since I won't be opening the patio door for a long while.
DeleteIf only all of the world would listen to what Jane Goodall said...
ReplyDeleteWe can put her words out there wherever we can in the meantime.
DeleteWe're such creatures of habit when you do something on a different day, it throws the whole week off. We've had a long standing Friday night tradition of pizza for dinner and if something is going on and we don't have pizza on Friday, we're pretty confused for the the week, lol. Sounds like you'll have a lovely Christmas meal with you son. Enjoy. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
ReplyDeleteSandy's Space
Exactly. And when there's holiday, I've had it. The holiday feels like Sunday and this time it's Thursday so that won't work!
DeleteJane Goodall had it figured out. Merry Christmas, Boud.
ReplyDeleteThat paragraph is pretty much all we need to hear. Merry Christmas Marie, and better hip days.
DeleteHah - I have a hard enough time remembering what day it is at the best of times! Glad to hear your Handsome Son will be helping out with the festivities.
ReplyDeleteAt a certain point in older age, the days don't feel different as they once did. Not as many landmarks.
DeleteI think I've seen The Bishop's Wife but I can't remember it so may have to watch it again. I love anything with Cary Grant or David Niven and to get them both in one film has to be a treat.
ReplyDeleteAnd Elsa lanchester, Monty Woolley, and more, all star cast. I can usually find it on YouTube.
DeleteOh, yes. a very good movie, and Cary makes a very good, if very unconventional, angel.
ReplyDeleteYes, why not an angel in a business suit?? I love the miracles he performs.
Delete