Friday, May 24, 2024

Labs, knitting and donation

Early morning was about fasting bloodwork, and I woke way too early, so the fasting was a thing. Plain hot tea instead of food. The technician noted my pink linen jacket and put a pink tape on the injection site, saying matchy, matchy!

Home again to very late breakfast, then chair yoga and sorting a snake plant to donate to the library collection.

Here's the remaining one, the daughter of the donated one which is twice as big 

I propagated this from a leaf of its parent, which I had also propagated from a visiting plant which spent the summer on my patio.

The donated one just made it on the floor of the car, brushing the roof, and we got safely to the library, where it was received with enthusiasm. It's certainly big enough to be seen across an open space. And I'll be able to see it when I visit.

Today's knitting group, coming right before the holiday weekend, Memorial Day in the US, the traditional start of summer, consisted of two people, not surprising. I wanted to do the donation so I was there partly for that.

I made a discovery -- despite whipping out squares easily on my beloved vintage pinloom on my own or while taking part in online pods, I can't do it without a mess when I'm chatting in person. 

I had to undo one I was working on today, and the other day the same, at the other group. It's such a simple process, yet I find a weird little shape happening at a corner instead of the expected one.  Fixing it is an issue, especially when this springy yarn jumps off the pins so you're two steps back at each attempt.

At home this evening I made three squares. Easy! I feel better.

Holiday weekend is pretty much like any other.

 I plan to cook tomorrow and plant flower seeds finally. There's going to be rain on Monday to settle them in 

Happy day everyone, enjoy whatever weekend you have planned.




26 comments:

  1. I wondered how you could concentrate on the loom while chatting. Then again, I could never understand how my mother could do her complex knitting and crocheting while chatting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I weave best when I weave alone! But I'm determined to get the ability to chat and weave.

      Delete
  2. It's a holiday weekend here, too, not that it makes a difference to me - every day's a holiday! Surprisingly, the sun is shining today, but tomorrow and Monday will be wet - typical Bank Holiday weather. Shame for the barbecuers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, wet here on Monday, too. You seem to have two Bank holidays in May!

      Delete
  3. Propagated from a propagation. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snake plant is easy to grow and propagate. Can't take much credit.

      Delete
  4. I think we can all applaud a donation to a library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's helping make it look less like an aircraft hangar!

      Delete
  5. Your temps are looking a lot like ours except we are getting in the nineties every day. And no rain in sight! My garden is suffering.
    I love the thought of your snake plant in the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like donating big plants into someone else's care. It's like being a grandparent instead of parent. I can visit and admire, without the daily care.

      Delete
  6. I hope your giant snake plant will be very happy in its new library home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in expert hands, so I'm hopeful. They're tough guys anyway.

      Delete
  7. I have a snake plant I need to divide. I bought soil last year and it's still not done. Knowing you, chatting and weaving will be happening soon. It's the two of us this weekend and that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snake plants are slow movers, so I expect it's not in a rush to be divided. Do there's that.

      Delete
  8. no rain here, well very little all the big storms that caused so much flooding and damage north and east of here skipping around us, so I've got the sprinklers going. my snake plant is putting up two new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A snake plant outside? A lot of your outdoor plants are carefully nurtured houseplants here!

      Delete
  9. I always donate books to the library. Such a great way to recycle them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our libraries are very picky about what they'll accept for their sales!

      Delete
  10. When I regularly went to knitting group I always had a simple project to take there and kept anything you had to think about for home.
    Hope the test results are favourable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought my pinloom weaving was at that point! Not so much.

      Delete
  11. Bloodwork is always such a fun chore (not), but I'm sure it was made better by the coordinating bandage! I'm sure the library was thrilled to give your snake plant a good home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snake plant got a warm recently.

      Delete
    2. I typed reception! Effin text changer.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!