Friday, August 11, 2023

Late summer and the snails are racin'

 Misfits came yesterday, different carrier but still on time






The oat milk was a free bonus,  I cashed in points for it. They've changed the format for redeeming points where it seems that now you can't get a cash refund. But if you can get some equivalent in food, I think it's okay.


And while I was out, I caught a heart pounding snail race on the path. Apparent winner in the foreground.


The late summer patio is the best in years. All this is in containers. The coleus will come indoors in the fall. I'm definitely planning on doing seeds in containers again next year.


And the bears are guarding the roving I'll be using in the rug



Still quite a bit of threading to go yet, but as a wise weaver said, warping up is not what you do in order to weave, it's the first part of weaving. Once I calm down and stop trying to hurry, it's very happy work, a quiet flow.

Happy day, everyone. Oh, Gary gave the plum crumble a good review. I hope your output gets good reviews!




24 comments:

  1. Snail races? Too much excitement for ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to be carefree and just snail away. Oh right! The 'n' ain't supposed to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at "heart pounding snail race".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta take your excitement where you find it!

      Delete
  4. This looks like a healthy order! The patio is pretty, yes do the seeds again. I feel I've missed something, having never seen a snail race. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around here it''s life in the fast lane! A thrill a year!

      Delete
  5. That container garden is fabulous - the coleus really makes it. Not sure that snail racing is going to take off as a televised sport, but then not everyone is into breathlessness....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it needs sound effects, vrooming, braking squeals, star warsy music outro.

      Delete
  6. I'd say that one snail has a significant lead over the other! I overwintered a coleus a couple of years ago, but it still died after blooming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had success with coleus moving in and out for several seasons, so we'll see what luck I have with this one.

      Delete
  7. I don’t mind the snails but I don’t like slugs, especially in the vegetable patch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen a slug race. It sounds unlikely by definition.

      Delete
  8. As you use misfits regularly I guess a credit isn’t so bad.
    Your patio is looking fabulous. I love buying seeds when they’re on sale and just throwing them into so dirt and watching the magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy with these results. No weeding, just enjoying and picking flowers. As you say, magic.

      Delete
  9. Looking forward to watching your weaving grow, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I. I'm at the stage of not much confidence in the outcome.

      Delete
  10. I find warping almost hypnotic. My back eventually complains but I could warp for hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only do it for a limited time, similar reasons. But it can be meditative.

      Delete
  11. I did not know snails had races...Lovely looking food and garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect the racing is a side effect of the women's soccer cup.

      Delete
  12. Oh goodnes - a heart pounding snail race, how can you stand the excitement?
    Your Misfits box looks wonderful once again. I am hopeful for some fresh-picked blueberries when we're away but perhaps we will have missed the window of opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!