Friday, September 13, 2024

Postcards, Misfits and Emma again

The current Misfits box arrived, the ice blocks went to Gary, for his cooler, the foil insulated bag to be picked up by the Misfits driver and recycled. 

Once the summer's over, and Gary doesn't need portable ice  I'll resume leaving out the ice blocks for Misfits pickup with the other packing materials.




The tofu and mushrooms are for a Yeung Man Cooking recipe I'll make Friday,  the yellowtail because I haven't had it in a while, to be poached and later fishcakes.

I love that very hot spicy plant based "sausage", which works like burgers and meatballs. Cheese is always a staple,  and fruit is for breakfasts and desserts. I seem to have forgotten to order bread, so I expect blueberry muffins will need to happen. 

All set up now.

Gary is impressed with my improved hearing and is once again thinking about hearing aids for himself. He also started thinking about cataract surgery when I had it, but it's been a couple of years with no action yet. We'll see. 

This morning was about writing postcards to voters, very unexciting work but vital,  so, oh well. Democracy is a dull old business when it's working right.  

This afternoon involves reading,  listening to a podcast, sitting outside and some stitching

 with another Emma. 

This the best production of Emma I've seen, great casting, just very worth watching.

Then the mail brought this

After a year of informing me that my fuel pump could check out any time, causing a recall, but they didn't have parts yet, finally they've laid hands on them. 

My first ungrateful thought was, arghgh another thing to do dangit. Anyway I'll call and set up an appointment for the repair. I'll get them to check routinely while I'm there, usual points. 

My credit card bill which I've been paying buggywhip style, mailing in checks, also arrived and I found I was out of stamps. So I got into the 20th century, though the rest of the world is well into the 21st, and arranged to pay online.  I'm so clever, I am. 

And the flower patch is still blooming though cool nights have slowed things down 

Happy day everyone,  sometimes dull work has exciting results. At least that's the plan,with the postcards. The rest of the day is pretty good already.




32 comments:

  1. A healthy Misfits order. FedEx delivers Misfits here so no recycling anything back to them. Mark still has not used his hearing aids. It's maybe 7 months now. I don't get it. Although it's another thing to add to the the to-do list it will be a relief to get you car repaired and one less thing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll wait till next week to call the dealer. Friday probably not a good day!
      Odd about Mark and the hearing aids.

      Delete
  2. I love the use of the lotus ("kamala") on that Harris 2024 meme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've gotten used to your hearing aids quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About a day or two. They fit. Good audiologist, too.

      Delete
  4. I had no idea that "kamala" is the word for lotus. I just liked the poster! Thanks Debra.
    Mr. Moon had to be in town this morning and as he always does, asked if I'd like him to get anything. I usually say no but today I asked him if he could buy some fruit that he would like and also some vegetables. I am so curious to see what his vegetable choices will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be interesting, considering it's mostly your decisions. Good idea.

      Delete
    2. I've mentioned it several times, including LOTUS for POTUS! Must have escaped your attention.

      Delete
  5. A local market here once carried Impossible sausage in the cow and pig isle. Then that store stopped. Weird too because the mock meat always sold. Anyway, Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking about at least being tested for hearing aids. if there are no subtitles on whatever show I'm watching, the volume is fine but I only catch about half the dialog. usually not a problem as I can get the gist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd go for it. Medicare covers the testing, though not the hearing aids. It's worth having a baseline test.

      Delete
  7. You are a bundle of activity as ever. The sewing is repurposing well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s a beauty of a Misfits order. Blueberry muffins. I love blueberry muffins. Thanks for your efforts to support and promote democracy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your late summer flowers continue to bloom nicely. Looking forward to a report on the tofu/mushroom report. It's hard to imagine that there are so many movie versions of Jane Austen's works!

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seem to be an endless stream of flowers and Austens . I imagine she's public domain at this point, simpler for production.

      Delete
  10. Blueberry muffins are heavenly food. I am having one with my coffee even as I type these words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good combo. Maybe I'll make coffee. I rarely do.

      Delete
  11. So how many Austens have you watched in this little spell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot! There seems to be an endless supply, without even getting into the modern versions like Clueless.

      Delete
  12. Now, you have me thinking about muffins, but pumpkin vs. blueberry in keeping with the season, which I hoped was fall but still very warm days here seem more like early summer. You always manage to repurpose the Misfits items in healthy eating meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't follow the repurposing? I order groceries, I cook them, not sure how repurposing comes in. But I do eat well, yes, healthy and delicious meals.

      Delete
  13. It is apple season here too and the orchards are open. It is such a wonderful time of year! I cook apples every day after our recent orchard visit. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful to have local orchards. They're beautiful in spring, too, when they blossom.

      Delete
  14. The Misfits box always looks intriguing and so much better than having to brave the hordes at the grocery store. I hate grocery shopping and am still happy with the advent of curb side pick up.
    We had a recall notice for our car months ago and still no sign of them having the required parts for repair. Will have to remember to rattle their cage when we take the car in for the fall tune-up and tire changeover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nearly a year since they first notified us and finally they have the parts. I'll get them to do other checks while I'm there.

      Delete
    2. I'm completely spoiled now, having the food on the step. I don't like grocery stores, can't think, forget things, can't find stuff etc.

      Delete
  15. Hubs is going to the otolaryngologist tomorrow as he's been struggling to hear for a month or so now. I'm seriously hoping he simply has a load of wax in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chances are, especially if it's sudden. But let us know how it goes.

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered! Anonymous commenters: enter your name in your text if you want your comment published.