Monday, September 16, 2024

Fridgescaping, art, ducks, fall copper

 Fridgescaping, my minimalist take. This is after shopping. Just sayin'.


In the container at the bottom is this, cooked Saturday from Yeung Man Cooking


Here the cartoon is nice, and the quotation is everything

Art is not to make a living, it's to make a life.

And in order for our lives to continue as planned, democracy work continues. I write a few cards then rest my hand a while, then resume. I've timed it to be done in time for the mailing date.



Today's art is setup, the latest color combinations chosen, ready to stitch.


Meanwhile I went for a walk, lovely sunny weather, saw fall copper, goldenrod and some white fluffy stuff 




And at the pond, the little flock of wild ducks is back. Briefly. As soon as they spotted me, one warning quack, and they were off 



Back at the ranch, the pioneer lady is ready to make a gallon of clothes washing liquid.
 

It suits my budget and I know what's in it, no scented additives or whiteners other than what I put there. This recipe gets the laundry as clean as the expensive stuff. The container at the back is empty. It's what I use as a dispenser, disregard the label.

So that's where I am at the time of writing.


I finished Clever Girl, and find that Tessa Hadley is the only writer I've found whose novel and short story writing both work well for me. 

Alice Walker, wonderful essays, but novels not for me. Anne LaMott, great nonfiction, oh dear on the novels. Hadley, more of both,  please.


Happy day everyone! You do you.



 






34 comments:

  1. Have a lovely day, Boud. It is good to see how you are helping with the Kamala cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fridge is a lesson to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great quote but nice if you can make a living at it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fridge looks so nice and tidy. A far cry from ours where things are precariously balanced everywhere you look. Good thing it's not my domain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice, tidy fridgescape, stitching ready to happen and a walk done. I'd say you've been quite productive. I really like the Mutts cartoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you do any Thai dishes? We had Thai takeout recently and gave it a thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, ingredients not so easy to find. It tends to be restaurant food here.

      Delete
  7. Interesting observation about Anne Lamott. She's been hit or miss for me on nonfiction, too, but I've never tried her fiction. Maybe now I'll skip it entirely. Life's too short!

    I'm still amazed you make your own laundry detergent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skip Anne lamott, sez the man spending all his spare time on a doorstop book by Barbra ;)

      Delete
  8. Oh, and I like your fridgescaping -- practical, as opposed to the people who put framed photographs and whatnot in there! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed your review and agree about Lamot. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, lamott getting mixed reviews in here. I've interacted with her online until I disagreed and she blocked me!

      Delete
    2. Interesting...was it political??

      Delete
    3. No, just a matter of language usage. Not a big enough deal to flounce away over, I thought.

      Delete
  10. Your stitching is so even, so straight, so true! Mine looks like a lizard with no thumbs did it.
    I'm right there with you on Anne Lamott. I can't even read her fiction. What's the point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice words about the stitching. Anne's having a rough time around here. What's odd is that she's written some good advice about writing, yet her fiction misses by a mile, for me anyway.

      Delete
  11. When I read frig scape I thought you got to be kidding. I have seen so many pictures of those crazy frig scapes. I love the art quote so true.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. The stitching look lovely and bright. And your refrigerator is perfect. Mine. Not so much lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice words about the stitching. Your fridge is not sarcastic, like mine!

      Delete
  13. My fridge scaping is much like yours, since I no longer cook. Ice cream in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cook. But I don't need a lot. No ice cream!

      Delete
  14. I wish I had been raised on that Vonnegut quote. Just the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I taught drawing to adults, I'd sometimes get unhappy graphic artists in the group, trying to recover from "making a living from art" and discovering how graphics aren't the art experience that they expected, more of a treadmill. They got a lot out of drawing just to experience that absorption.

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered! Anonymous commenters: enter your name in your text if you want your comment published.