Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Monday, Monday, bees and mantids

This morning turned out to be fine after all. Everything normal despite looking weird before. What a relief. So I've spent time emailing and messaging people who needed to know, including  you, dear blogistas, who gave me such moral support. I did make a change in yesterday's post, to let you know promptly.

And once again the lousy radiation group website sent me a diagnostic letter which would not open on any of three devices I tried, from the link they sent, or from a couple of links I found on line. All their support function could say was consult my own doctor. About their letter they'd sent. 

I did, messaged them on their portal and literally within minutes, they sent me a link which worked, confirming it's all normal, I can resume breathing. I have a great doctor and nurse team.

So the rest of the day has been lovely, walking in the sunshine, real and metaphorical, observing butterflies -- a silver spot showed up where I've seen him before, many little brown skippers. And this friend, Boy Mantis

There was a comic scene with a squirrel who spotted the cantaloupe rind I'd put out for him, he's mad for it. He picked it up, then spotted me, a few feet away, hesitated then decided to go for it. 

Leapt up the fence, the end of the rind caught the top, both fell down again. Clearly this was now personal, and he watched me watching him, then seized the rind again,  and cleverly bit off the pointed end, took another leap and made it, rind and all, onto the fence, then vanished, holding the rind about half his body size. He deserved it after that labor.

About the bee I mentioned on the sedum, I checked this Bee Chart, and the nearest to him seems to be the Tree Bumblebee. That seems likely.

My postcards to voters arrived, complete with instructions, and an electoral list of the voters I'm writing to. 


As you see, graphic on one side, the other blank. I get to fill it out.

They suggest message wording, and I'll adapt to my own style, as I did last time I did postcarding. I get going writing now, then mail them all out on the suggested date in early October. 

This has been figured out to allow for mail delays and  timeliness. No use reminding people too early, they forget. I know from previous experience this is an effective way to get out the vote. For someone like me, not a door knocker, but literate enough to be happy doing kitchen table activism, it's a good fit.

Happy day, everyone, I hope you get any good news you're hoping for. 

I'm continuing with the Great Jane Caper, now bingeing on an eighties BBC series of Mansfield Park. Great actors -- Lady Bertram played by Angela Pleasence, what a talented family, remember brilliant Donald Pleasence in Barchester Towers?-- and Anna Massey, from another talented family, another wonder of an actor.

Neither is in this publicity still (!) but you may recognize these actors? I don't.

Enjoy your day!

31 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're in the clear. A butterfly and sunshine day, indeed.
    Methinks the actor is a young nicholas Farrell. Not sure about the actress, though.
    I do hope your postcards have the desired effect. I worry about your country and the inevitable aftermath of 5th November. (Guy Fawkes and gunpowder, treason and plot centuries ago but somewhat relevant now, I fear).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about the actor. They're all very good. About Nov5, the brits had their election on the fourth of July, US independence day, and it worked out well!

      Delete
  2. So, things are working out, and you are also doing your bit with the postcards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vital little cog in the political machine, me.

      Delete
  3. How I wish we could have a radiologist look at our scans before we leave from our initial appointments so that if anything looks wonky, they can investigate right then. This waiting situation is maddening and not good for anyone's mental health. And that's all I'll say about that except that we are all so glad that you are "normal" which of course we know you are not. But at least your bosom is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They tell me the wait is about scheduling the radiologist. Not on site all the time. Judging from the grim faces of the other women I saw, yesterday may have been recall day.

      Delete
  4. was gone all day yesterday, out early so I missed yesterday's post. so glad the news is good. it would be so nice if they didn't scare the shit out of us making us wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news, yay! A great relief for you and everyone! Donald Pleasence was a favourite British actor of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your postcard efforts! So glad you FINALLY received your good results. I had quite a cluster #$%K at my doctor’s office today and I was told by two staffers that I was the one in the wrong. Nope, I was not. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awful when you're right and they won't have it. Medical workers have a lot of power, too. Currently I have good practitioners, but in the past not always.

      Delete
  7. What very good news. You're walking on sunshine. (Isn't there a song of that name?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was relieved when you put up the news later yesterday. I would be walking on sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy to pass on the good news, because blogistas had been so kind with concern.

      Delete
  9. Good to know your results are clear. Over here, it seems, one gets nothing (no report) unless they find something. For assorted reasons i seem to have fallen through screening cracks and was subjected to my first a few weeks ago. They told me to expect a recall because with no previous scans to compare it to they would likely see something they might want to have a better look at. (Which sounds silly to me because everyone has their first at some stage). So far, no recall, so I shall go on being the unworried well (for now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate that no news is good news idea, because you never know if a message didn't get to you. I can't see what an immediate recall would do for you, either. That's why they're often annual events. Time has to pass to detect change. Anyway it sounds okay for you for now.

      Delete

  10. Yay to your results, kitchen table activism and bee info and thanks for thinking of squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It’s nice to finally get confirmation in writing. I’m very glad for you.
    Kitchen table activism is Worthing ive never heard. But I love it. Go you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a good feeling. Kitchen table activism is my speed!

      Delete
  12. Your postcards may be especially welcome now that Kamala demolished the Great Orange Pumpkin last night.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn’t realize squirrels would eat cantaloupe rind.

    Kamala was incredible last night. She’s ready for the job! Good news all round, Boud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They love the seeds, the inside of the rind, and only leave the tough outer shell which I have to pick up off the deck. Harris has been ready for years. The msm now are forced, kicking and screaming, to cover her.

      Delete
  14. Such good news about your tests. I bet you skipped a bit as you took your constitutional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly a great lift to the spirits.

      Delete
  15. I know you're hugely relieved to get the good news that all is well.
    I wish the postcard campaign would extend to voters here in Canada because I'd definitely take part, particularly for the upcoming election.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voting rolls are public information. You could contact your local party org and ask about it. It's a great feeling.

      Delete
    2. I don't think that sort of info is available to the ordinary person here (but I could be wrong).

      Delete
    3. Once you show your bona fides, you should be able to see voter rolls. In a democracy. Anyway, check it out.

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered! Anonymous commenters: enter your name in your text if you want your comment published.