Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Civic duty covid style

 I don't have a TV, so I  found the Democratic convention roll call online. It's always been the best part of the convention for me, and this year really showed us to ourselves.

As an old white lady, an immigrant, a get out the vote activist, a caregiver, a fighter for special needs children, an artist, a women's nonprofit organization leader, a small business owner, a public broadcaster, an opportunity maker for other people as well as myself, and a Jersey Girl, I present our governor, Phil Murphy

And I'm all in for Kamala. Oh, and Joe too, since he's part of the deal.

See, we  can all do nomination speeches this time around. 

US readers, whoever you vote for, please protect our vote and use it. 

9 comments:

  1. The tool call was interesting! Your system is so different from our parliamentary system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in the UK, in a parliamentary system. Yes, very different. Both require knowledge of how they work. They do say that adult immigrants have the best grasp of civics from seriously studying for citizenships. Might even be true!

      Delete
  2. There's a huge political debacle happening here too and I suspect Trudeau will be toppled before long. Shame, because I liked him and thought he was a good man for the job. The bigger issue in the grand scheme of things is the incredible need to get rid of the waste of flesh in the lead in your country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thoroughly enjoyed the virtual role call .. I loved each state and territory's take on it and very much loved the diversity represented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it wonderful to see the landscapes and hear the issues? Much better than the old in person noise and excitement that didn't tell us much.

      Delete
  4. I just hope everyone understands that like Biden or not (and I do like him), voting third party at this point is basically a vote for Trump.

    And I have reached the place where I prefer to be in the town hall on voting day, voting my little-used republican heart out on the Democratic side of the page. There is something about that that just appeals...

    And as a friend of mine likes to say, "Vote early, and vote often..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of Joe, but my vote is really for Kamala.

      Delete
  5. Kamala Harris is a given, no other candidate compares to her charisma and determination.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!