Saturday, August 22, 2020

Bread displacement activity

 I need bread, but this is what happens when you just aren't in the Mood to Bake Bread.

You enter into a cupcake period. I've made cornbread into cupcakes, worked okay. So.

 Now there's walnut chocolate chip sort of muffin or cupcake things

And banana ginger sort of muffin or cupcake things, fresh ginger minced and slung in

 The freeform ones are the result of running out of muffin tin space, since it seems that one banana bread loaf recipe is more than even 12 completely filled muffin places' worth. Which meant sitting their cupcake cases on a sheet. But I expect they'll eat, as home cooks say. They took about 40 minutes to bake, almost as long as the full loaf. 

I can point virtuously to the walnuts! Whole-wheat!  Bananas! Ginger! proving that all this is wholesome breakfast food, just like toast. Or something.

12 comments:

  1. It all looks fabulous and I know it must smell heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's always a good feeling to have a little something in the freezer. The main audience is visiting son and me these days.

      Delete
  2. i bought bread flour on amazon pantry and i have yet to use it. i have made a lot of muffins lately too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what's up with that? It's just as easy to bake bread yet I'm more reluctant. No idea why. My recipe doesn't involve kneading or anything strenuous.

      Delete
    2. mine either. i need to be inspired...i was so excited when i got the bread!!

      Delete
  3. I rarely eat bread in the morning but the muffins look good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have reminded me to make some oat bran muffins with ginger in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. banana walnut pancakes is on my agenda for breakfast today. that's as close to baking bread as I get.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muffins are just as good as bread, at least in my mind anyway. Wouldn't have thought to put ginger in bran muffins and now I'm off to plant that bug in Resident Chef's ear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Banana not bran. But I expect it will work there too. These recipes have sugar in them, and they don't work for sandwiches, si I still need to make bread anyway. Sigh.

      Delete
    2. Oh. Proves I can't read! Why did I think it was bran?

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!