Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Update and Great Winnowing redux

 Yesterday was an adventure involving Appie, next door's cute fluffy runaway, Twitter and the neighbor who wanted the Party on the Patio.  Read on.

Yesterday he had a ton of kitchen cabinets delivered, I mentioned he was renovating, and in the excitement one of his dogs, always wanting to run into traffic, took off.

I found out when he was driving about looking totally upset, asked me to keep an eye open. I did. No sign.

 Little while later I was catching up on Twitter and there's her pic, being petted at the police station. I tweeted I knew her, owner on way, which he was as soon as I showed the pic to his partner.

 Dog's home, he's very grateful. She'd been picked up about 150 yards away. In traffic. She's chipped, no tags, so they used Twitter having failed to find the chip (!)

So today we were chatting as I was out Winnowing, and a third neighbor showed up, the subject of distancing came up, she said nobody gets near her, no visitors. I agreed, said my max was son and me. Patio Party neighbor agreed, not worth it. So all's well. He's got it. 

And while we were all happy I asked him to carry the shelving unit to the dumpster for me. He's always willing, so I think after I found his dog, he was pleased to do a thing.

So today being the first lovely cool sunny day in months, I was able to get to the Great Winnowing redux. It was interrupted by the pandemic stopping donations to the thriftie, also anxiety also tiredness after all the January Winnowing. 

I'd stopped before getting to the outside storage area which gets to be the place stuff waits till I know what to do about it. No before pictures, too depressing.

I really had a great time lugging stuff about,  and ended up being able to dispense with the rusty ancient shelves, the picture shows the more attractive underside.

And here's the result.


 Painting gear in the car, as God is my witness I will never paint another wall again,  with a large pet taxi,  destined for the thriftie. 

Meanwhile back in the storage area, on the left is the gardening gear everyone in the neighborhood can borrow, that will stay when I leave. It's a sacred trust! And the stepladder probably. 

Stuff on the right comes with me, and do you spy two little Sterno stoves? Camping gear but useful in a power outage in an all  electric place with a patio. No fuel, but sufficient unto the power outage be the concerns thereof.

I had originally thought of hiking on the Preserve today, but this sort of overcame me, and served several good social purposes, what with seeing one neighbor I haven't seen in person for ages, and reinforcing friendship with the Patio Party friend. Not to mention flinging stuff about is exercise.

 So next, lazy afternoon on the patio, crowd of one, reading  Mrs Pargeter's Public Relations.

I finished an Izzy see Here



7 comments:

  1. Glad things are going smoothly again.
    The shelves...Wish your dumpster was next door! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wouldn't if you saw the rusty, rotting tops of the shelves. Too nasty for a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like social media and I don't use it, but I must say it's great when it comes to finding lost pets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all worked out well with the neighbours. That was good. Here someone would take those shelves, rusty and all. People always need shelving in sheds etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect someone will. It's a given that large items are left around the dumpster area, not in a dumpster, so people can take if they want. It's not exactly throwing them away.

      Delete
  5. I imagine someone might take those shelves and turn the pieces upside down to make it look less rusty - or apply a bit of paint. There's always someone looking for shelving for something. So glad the 'Great Patio Party Debacle' has been settled satisfactorily and that there were no hard feelings in the end. Good for you for sticking up for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect the shelves will end up in a good home. Since they fit inside the standard outdoor storage everyone in the development has, I'm hopeful.

      It was interesting that a third friend, knowing nothing of the issue brought it up innocently. It worked nicely.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!