Sunday, August 9, 2020

BYOP

Handsome Son being my official shopper, I had to ask him to add in to today's groceries, birthday treats of his choice to enjoy together. With iced tea, lemon, ginger and sugar depending on taste.  Note the distanced serving setup.

He was hugely amused at the Bring Your Own Party concept and showed up with all the groceries and a half cake, chocolate, cream and peanut, plus a container of coffee ice cream. This is the first shop bought birthday cake of his life, and it was pretty good.

 The remains of ice cream and cake went home with him, after a perfectly lovely evening, convo ranging over his birth, his dad's peaceful death, politics, his current electronic diy project, food, the coin shortage, shoes and ships and sealing wax, cabbages and kings.

Yesterday was leaden. Today was gold.


12 comments:

  1. nothing like a good visit with the sone to bring the spirits up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, despite a lot of drawbacks I have to remember that it's wonderful to be able to visit. I've reserved one bathroom for his use, so he doesn't need to worry about me. And the living area is big enough for social distanced refreshments!

      Delete
  2. The silver lining on that particular cloud, I suppose. What a nice little celebration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since neither of us is a partyer at this stage of our resort lives,it was just fine.

      Delete
  3. It sounds lovely. Great to be able to share the memories on such an important day in the life of your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those memories are precious since nobody else knows them. And Mike remembers the funniest things about his dad, some of which I'd forgotten.

      Delete
  4. Oh, how sweet this was to read. I love the idea of BYOP. I'm glad it was a happy day for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It definitely balanced out the day before.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. A beautiful post. I am so glad for you both. Your evening sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please wish Handsome Son a very happy Birth Day/Month. I remember his kindness in offering to help me with computer issues awhile ago. I think this celebration was all the more special because of the circumstances surrounding the social distancing and all the other constraints.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will do. He asked me to acknowledge for him, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!