Monday, August 31, 2020

Stove Capers solution

 So, unwilling to start taking the door off, and still annoyed about the spider webs, I wondered if there's another way to get inside that glass sandwich.

And see what I came up with. A flexible 18" metal ruler with a cork backing, end wrapped in Scotch tape to avoid scratching. 

Slid it in the slot, waved it about inside. It easily accessed all the corners.  I did remove the shelves but needn't have, as you see.

 I seem to have demolished the spider webs.  And if they start up again, I know what to do.

I expect this is what the mother of the designer did with her oven instead of taking the door off. After biffing him one for the design fail.

Done.  If this is useful please follow suit. 

That's not rust on the broiler pan, it's the water deposits from many years of baking bread and adding a cupful of hot water to the hot oven as I put in the dough, to create steam and give a good crust.

Which reminds me to bake bread today. And be able to see in, as it's baking, what a treat.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could get up inside ours and scrub it - no spiders but it's badly stained in there. No idea how it got into that state but it looks rather disgusting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!