Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Quiet Wednesday. At first

 I was up long before dawn, ready to go, and did a bit. Knitted on the glove I started yesterday, continued on the final sock of two pairs, and stitched, too.

I've been continuing to add to my Kindle library with great bargains on great works. Now I've added lovely funny Trollope, and I'm currently into The Warden, a favorite.

So, just the way I switch from craft to craft, I switch as I read, Mansfield Park to Cranford to Trollope. With Pym and other writers as the spirit moves me.  I don't mind following several books at once. 

Fall walk, local leaf peeping, cheerful Halloween ghosties




And a mystery plant near the cosmos, where I scattered wildflower seed 



No idea what this is. Identification welcome.

I had written up to here before the day suddenly changed..

Then I came home, read Trollope, dozed off, read more, decided to make a very unusual for me, cup of coffee. 

Then I noticed a brand new water stain had suddenly appeared on the living room ceiling. 


And went upstairs to find the source. Suddenly my feet on the rug were wet. The water heater had sprung a leak. Good thing I was home.

So I turned off the house water, called the plumber and Gary. Gary, with baby A.,  came over, she lay on the rug looking interested while he mopped with towels and tried to find the source, which we didn't.

The plumber came in no time, good having a long-term plumber based about a mile away,  drained the tank, turned off the power, and early Thursday I should get a new tank installed.  Meanwhile I have cold water, that's fine.


And I don't know why I just don't set up direct debit for the plumber at this rate. 

So that was Wednesday, and I'd written the first part of the heading before it all changed.

Happy day everyone, let's hope your sudden emergencies have sudden help.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered! Anonymous commenters: enter your name in your text if you want your comment published.