Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Fireplace on, Freecycle and Finicky Folk

This morning, overnight last night in the 40s, I switched on the fireplace insert and found the flickering log light effects work fine and the heat function doesn't. After eight years I suppose not surprising. Mainly I only use it for the cosy effect, without the heat. 

No house heat needed yet. If my hands and feet are warm, that's fine for now. 

And I'm putting my heaviest hand weights on Freecycle, keeping only the ones I now use. 

I backed off from these after I passed eighty in order to protect my spine and wrists. I still get enough out of the 5lb ones and the, I think, 2lb. The smaller ones are for some hand exercises I was shown by Handsome Partner's physio, to keep my wrists out of trouble as I moved and turned him. HP, not the physio. They're still useful to avoid knitting injury.

No sooner said than did. Gone in an hour, several eager requests. I'm helping Keep (or get) America Fit!

I'm also offering a bag of clothing, some handmade by me, and have had not much interest, except for one person, there's one in every crowd. 

This person wanted me to text better pictures and asked EXACTLY what size. I had listed these items in detail. Hand stitched clothing doesn't work exactly to manufacturer sizes, whatever they are, and they vary.

I'd specified email only, my phone doesn't text pix, and had said the clothing was all women's small. 

I messaged back saying sorry, the items were now bagged and again they're women's small, usually meaning 6-8 in manufacturing ranges. Crickets now.

I'll probably deposit them at a local collection or the thriftie. I hope someone will get some use out of them. 

The handmade items are unworn, and fine but just don't work for me. The white toweling popover goes over your head and I found it was a bit of an issue to take it off, aging shoulders, unforeseen hitch. 

Gary has changed his mind about the paint. He now plans on a black wall. So he came over with sample strips of blacks to choose a couple to get paint samples and try them on the walls.  

I just hope nobody wants to change it later. It's quite a job painting a light color over a darker one, needs layers and strategy. I didn't get into that, just discussed various shades of black, warm and cool.

Happy day everyone! I hope your plans work better than ours in this neighborhood. We're a bit hit or miss sometimes. Except a hit for lunch. 

I was finishing up that great leftover soup and dropped the last of the fresh greens, mainly spinach, on top of the hot bowl of soup. It just wilted enough to be really good with the soup, and I think I'll do that again.

The early voting numbers are massive, record breaking. This may show the polls, and the people who still believe in them (narrator: see who pays for them first), are hopelessly out of sync with with reality. I strongly doubt  the "neck and neck" scenario.  Let's look for a blue tsunami.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered! Anonymous commenters: enter your name in your text if you want your comment published.