Saturday, October 19, 2024

Presents and knitting marvels

This morning Gary showed me he and the daisy owning neighbor lady had planted transplants along the outside of my fence. It's east-facing, just what these daisies like, so I'm hoping for a great show next year. Nothing to see yet.

He also showed me his snake plant starts, all but one of which had rooted, yay, and we discussed his elephant ear wintering over.

And, best of all, he asked me to take care of his pot of succulents! 


He thinks he's overwatering them, leaves dropping.

I'm thrilled about this chance, because I was thinking about starting again with succulent propagation. I was successful a couple of years ago, then when I moved the babies outside for the summer, squirrels trashed them. Literally shreds, nothing left to plant. I was discouraged but now I'm ready to try again over the winter. 

Then the Friday knitting group brought marvelous things 


S, with her Halloween sweater and lovely ocean colored sock


I., wearing one sweater she made while knitting another 


New crocheter K's two Halloween critters, the right one, both are wips, was her very first foray. 


I. again with a pillow for her daughter, front knitted butterflies, back running cross-stitch om burlap.

One other knitter is continuing with a project you've seen, but she's not a one project knitter by a long chalk. Just no picture today.  And your humble blog writer was still with Ministry sock. 

Talk ranged over plans for the yarn for a first sweater, to be bought this weekend at Rhinebeck, voting, knitting patterns, Tunisian crochet, the weather, local politics, book groups, challenging racism, emails, German Shepherd sense of humor and more.

Happy day everyone, I hope your day is  good. Mine was. Friday night online meeting with friends. Because of these great fun meetings, I moved my daily evening dishwashing to the next day. I do it while I cook lunch.

Speaking of which, here's a baked white sweet potato, mashed, salt, pepper and bits of butter, nothing fancier needed, along with part two of last night's supper. 

You see the tan skin and creamy colored flesh, really delicate flavor.

With it was a baked tomato, mozzarella and egg dish. Break the egg over, bake 400°f, when the egg suits you, the dish is done. Good on toast, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered! Anonymous commenters: enter your name in your text if you want your comment published.