Thursday, October 3, 2024

Wednesday, where'd you go?

What with laundry and cooking and baking and son visiting and Gary dashing in, and a nap and an online meeting, Wednesday zoomied by and it's nearly midnight and here's my blog.

I baked a chocolate cake, with cacao nibs on top, very good too. Handsome Son enjoyed some with tea, Gary accepted a couple of slices, he loves chocolate cake.


And I made an amazingly good soup entirely from frozen leftovers of tomatoes, sauce, ground turkey, very spicy rice, whey from making yogurt, and cooked carrot chunks.

I didn't add anything, just heated all the items together and because of the spices already in there, I got one of the best soups I've ever had. 

Like tomato rice soup raised to a whole new power. Four more helpings of it to come. I was really surprised at how good it is, and detected the red chili oil helping with the flavor.  One of the easiest soups I ever made.

I usually use one or two frozen leftover soup ingredients, but this is the first time they've constituted the entire soup. I must do this again.

Oliver Twist is starting to drag a little, so I'm skipping here and there, and taking refuge in Pride and Prejudice. 

Happy day everyone, make freezer soup, it's good.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered! Anonymous commenters: enter your name in your text if you want your comment published.