Friday, October 11, 2024

Sad dentist, happy patient, lunch and misfits

Thursday my chauffeur arrived promptly and got me to the dentist early, and I was seen early. X-Rays using child-size plates, cleaning done by dentist no hygienist in evidence. No work found to do, so no boat payment for dentist, but a happy patient. 

He happily talked about skiing in Western Massachusetts as a kid, all the way to double black diamond, the cost of lift tickets now, modern designed skis, all very technical, requiring ohah urfh umph from my side.

Then I got my $270 toothbrush and Handsome Chauffeur Son drove us home after checking what I had available for lunch. Soup, no thanks, shrimp salad, no, chicken sandwiches without greens added in, yes. I explained no baked goods this week, sorry. 

When we got home misfits had arrived so he obligingly carried in the box, 





The tuna for future tuna salad, fettuccine and diced tomatoes future partners, strawberries why not, likewise chocolate cherries. Dark chocolate is nutritious. Right.More beans, there's never too many, I use them all over. Broccoli for steaming with maybe a poached egg on top.

Handsome Chauffeur was very happy to accept chocolate covered cherries for dessert. Pot of tea. 

While I assembled sandwiches, I asked him to put the kettle on. Which he did. Then it occurred to me to ask if he'd filled it first. Oh, wait, I'll do that, he did,  and it went back on the stove. Classic y chromosome, assuming the kettle fairy would have filled it, no need to check!

He also reset the my car display, dispensing with the tire pressure alert, keeping it in English, and retaining the total mileage display, three items I can't manage all at one time. 

And I recruited him to do some postcards to voters, so he took home the cards and information, after looking at mine to see what it entailed. He's a person who will do what he says he will, so this is a done deal.

A successful day, I'd say.

Good news from the Tampa and area friends up to now, wind and rain, but people and animals fine. I haven't heard from everyone, but I'm hopeful. I was dreading the news this morning, but was so relieved.

 Happy day, everyone! 

I hope everyone's day goes as well.




2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a sweet day despite having the risk the dentist. I think Handsome Chauffeur Son makes days sweet. Good you asked if he filled the kettle with water. We ask each other that regularly. Two individual Y chromosomes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double trouble!
      It's so good to see him, he's considerate and funny.

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered! Anonymous commenters: enter your name in your text if you want your comment published.