Friday, October 25, 2024

Thursday, new water heater, Misfits

When Greg the plumber said Joe would be here first thing Thursday, he wasn't kidding. Eight am, van here, Joe unloading equipment, by 11am, job done, hot water resulted, my bank account emptied.

The old heater leaving 



New one ready to unbox. Then the new one in place, and Joe wrote the date on. The old one was far past its lifetime, but who's counting. 

That was a 50 gallon tank, but modern 50 gallons are too big for the space what with better insulation, new regs. So I have a 40 gallon now, which fits. Plenty for me, since anyway I do laundry in cold water. 

In early July we did this with the water heater at the condo. Seems like no time.

In the middle of all this, I took a cosmos break 

Those seeds are repaying me over and over. Definitely doing that again next year.

And there's Misfits. Fortunately, when I ordered,  I had included treats, which I really need today.


Inserted into this picture of the foil cooler bag and freezer blocks out for pickup, is the gallon of paint Gary had changed his mind about and wanted to toss but I said no, I'll Freecycle it for you, and I got a happy taker in minutes, picked up in an hour.


Anyway here's this week's lovely food.

Apples because they're excellent and my morning snack is an apple. Blueberries for breakfast with seedy bread, strawberries to go with chocolate almonds, carrots to go into soup with the pumpkin in the freezer. Scallions to accompany the rest of the chili with cheese grated over, also for some Yeung Man Cooking recipe or other, tba,  with the firm tofu. Cheese because I always need cheese.

It's all in the continuous story of meals around here. If you have a favorite tofu recipe, please let us know.  Always open.

Happy day everyone, I hope you build in nice things for your day. It's as much a part of life as disasters, also easier to plan for.






2 comments:

  1. You sound like my tenant. 70 per cent of the time he is here is either cooking, eating or cleaning up after both.

    ReplyDelete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered! Anonymous commenters: enter your name in your text if you want your comment published.