Thursday, October 12, 2023

About your shins, no pumpkin for Boud, but it's okay

 Starting out with a quotation that picks up from a passage in Mary Moon's blog Bless our Hearts, go there for some lovely writing and musing, meanwhile


I often feel amazed this way. Then I hope I'm living in a way that pays my dues for being here at all.

Misfits emailed me they'd shipped today, for this afternoon. Shipping is when they find out if they can include everything. It's opportunistic marketing, and you take your chances, so sometimes items aren't available after all. 

Today it's the plums and, shock, horror, the pumpkin! I can pick one up at the farm though. And what they do send is a lot better, and cheaper, than I can get locally.

While I was writing, misfits showed up




My hand evidently wobbled on the last one, which I can't shoot again because the food's away or in water to rinse.  Anyway the walnuts and apricots will go into the next batch of granola, the rainbow chard finally showed up after several tries, and I have enough bread for a siege. Also butter to go on it. I always buy unsalted, so that I know how much there is total, when I bake.

And here's an edit, rainbow chard looks like a fairytale forest

And here's the place to go for the walking exercise. This channel is where I found the great exercise for my neck, and he's worth following. He explains everything, so you know what you're doing. Also he's cute, which doesn't hurt.

He specializes in older people, so you're in hands that don't push you into doing what you did thirty years ago. 

And if you're more up for sitting and puzzling, here's a Haggard Hawks



This is the kind of puzzle that makes me want to make up my own. Yet another hobby, along with the whistling, which is coming along pretty well. I could whistle while I puzzle, come to think of it.

Happy day, everyone, go ahead, multitask, the multitask police won't ticket you if you put the apples in your purse and your sunglasses in the pie.

I'm making this blog a stress-free zone, if I can. We know the news is bad, we do our bit to help, and in here we can just amuse each other, if you're up for it.




35 comments:

  1. Mmmm, been a long time since I had a nice slice of sunglasses pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate stress free! I couldn't agree more! And I also appreciate the link to the walking fellow! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how sweet of you! Thank you so much for the shout-out.
    I have never heard that word but it is exactly perfect for those stunning moments of joy. And yes, you are certainly living your life in ways that absolutely pay your dues for being here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect the word is made up, but I like it. It

      Delete
  4. Thanks for new word, great meaning. Couldn't find link for the exercise guy, but it's just a reminder that I have some good leadership videos that I haven't played, and played with, for a while! Yes yes to stress free blogs! Amuse away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The info is under his picture, just search on HT Physio and you'll find his videos. He's worth tracking down.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the exercise recommend. Greatly needed here.
    Sorry about the pumpkin. I'm guessing the weight might be the issue.
    My grandmother regularly whistled because she believed it kept her facial muscles in shape. In her 80s, here skin glowed with barely a wrinkle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's a motivation to keep whistling! Possibly a bit late. The pumpkin is the little sugar one, but they ran out, oh well

      Delete
  6. Aha - another instant success on the HH puzzle. It's either 'see it immediately' or 'completely stumped'.

    That is one spectacular bunch of rainbow chard!

    Lengthy absence explained: a rainy day (the first in months) and a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle, and inspiration from the several jigsawyers here. But the puzzling time had to come from somewhere, and though the puzzle is complete the catching up of everything else is not.

    And lastly - that sense of wonder is transcendent. So good of you and Ms. Moon to remind us of those moments.

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rain at last! About time. Your puzzling is above my 500 piece pay grade. Glad to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did make me laugh! I'm happy you got your rainbow chard, it's so pretty, and good. I appreciate a stress free zone and a good laugh. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are plenty of armchair pundits around, so I'd like to offer a counterweight.

      Delete
  9. I grew that chard this year. So delicious. We like it sautéd. It is so much better than kale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everything's better than kale. I also think the Kale Marketing Board has done a great job.

      Delete
  10. I grow rainbow chard, or as we call it silverbeet, all year round
    It’s that wonderful plant that you just keep picking and eating and it continues to grow like the billyoh.
    I also grow kale but only during the winters. I use both in almost everything I cook. Especially soups and stews. But mostly I cook it and let it cool and I eat it as a salad. Or in a Greek spinach pie when I have lots of eggs to use up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That reminds me of quiche. Hmm. It's been a while.

      Delete
  11. That rainbow chard is beautiful. I think I'd grow it as an ornamental! Maybe I can put it in a pot on the porch next to my cabbage. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. Dave might make inroads though.

      Delete
  12. Good word. It would be nice to remember it, but I won't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you remember the meaning, you're good.

      Delete
  13. Na na na na na! I got the puzzle!🤣🤣. And, yes, enough stress. We need relief from it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the exercise fellow. I have bookmarked a whole lot of them.
    I was bamboozled with the HH puzzle until I read the instruction properly! Not seeing well today.
    Thanks for the stress free zone. We all need a patch of sunshine in our lives at the moment, and you always provide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my stressfree idea seems to be well received. We all need a bit of relief we can count on. If I can provide it, I'll be happy.

      Delete
  15. The chard is lovely. Reminds me of what we used to get from Alberta's garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful veg. It looks like a picture book, or maybe it's the other way around.

      Delete
  16. Several items of interest in this post, thank you Boud. 1. First time to know about suerza. Have definitely felt it, just didn’t know what it was. 2. First time to know about Misfits. Will check it out. Need it with the prices in grocery stores now. 3. Exercise for seniors … oh my goodness … thank you. 😊 4. Appreciate the stress-free zone … thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out misfits, yes. I think they're in your region now. I've used them for almost three years and have been mostly happy. Their prices are rising, too, but not as much as locally.
      Do check that YouTube channel, it's good advice.

      Delete
  17. Got it! Love the suerza definition.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for posting that video, Liz. I came across it a few days ago, but then it disappeared. Going to save it this time. :) I really like this young man's approach, and that he focusses on seniors. Gotta love a young person with a heart for older persons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's very aware that older bodies won't do what younger ones can, and designs his advice to match. I like him.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!