Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter Sunday, Secret Garden, final daffodils

 Happy Easter. I put out the Easter decorations, various views here.  The eggs I used to paint each year as gifts, the Boehm bunny, various cats and Limoges eggs, and, in the miniature Wedgwood teacup, painted eggs from my long departed cockatiel, Emily.





And the last group of daffodils came out yesterday



One was broken by the wind, so I picked her, along with a few others which would have been trampled by the fencing work probably starting here tomorrow. A bit of henbit and pachysandra added in.


Gary and Jackie finally got away at four o' clock yesterday afternoon, after many false starts and goodbyes.


Yesterday I made the butternut squash, sweet potato and cashew soup, and threw out the squash seeds for Butternut Boy. As I was enjoying the soup, he was busy on his seeds.



So we were a team.


Current audiobook is a really lovely reading of  The Secret Garden, a book I haven't read in many years.  It's dated now but still charming to knit and doze off to.

Hope for Ukraine on a day of hope for the world, photo by AC.

And I fly the flag



12 comments:

  1. Sue had A Secret Garden on tape back in the old days. It was really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eggs are as beautiful as I would have imagined they would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter! "The Secret Garden" was a favourite book of mine when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Decades ago I collected eggs. I got rid of most of them when we moved out here, keeping only the nicest ones. They are currently displayed year round scattered around the house. Once people realised I was collecting them I got so many, ones that I wouldn't have added myself. I finally had to put a stop to it.

    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter - your eggs and daffodils are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter. I would think The Secret Garden would be lovely to listen to. I may look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Easter eggs, Boud. Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you had a happy day. I love the eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers and decorations are beautiful! A very Happy Easter to you Boud!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty eggs! I'm obviously late in commenting again so it's a tad tardy to wish you a Happy Easter isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well this weekend is Orthodox Easter, so you're timely anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!