Saturday, May 2, 2020

Lentil bread verdict

So here's the finished lentil curry loaf, to be cut again, into four loaves. Nice crisp crust, the crumb a bit heavy. Next time I'll use less water in the lentils, and I might chuck in capers as a nice addition. The curry flavor is indectectible, so I'm not sure what the point was.



All in all a 7 out of 10. It's edible, and may be better tomorrow. It's a savory bread, not a jam holder. I think capers or some such accent would be good. Or spread with butter and anchovy paste is an idea.  I had it toasted with sharp cheddar for supper, not bad.


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I'll put them on the list.

      Delete
  2. Would crumbling it in a salad work?
    I like crumbled bread in salad instead of a veggie sandwich, more fun to have. I like the lentil aspect. The curry, probably to make the bread sound intriguing. Curry is a classy word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be right about the curry. I was expecting a spicy effect, which didn't happen. Maybe it's just a name! When salad season comes in I'll remember the crumbled bread idea. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Very nice idea for a bread. I love lentils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipe needs adjusting. Too much liquid. But I'll probably make it again.

      Delete
    2. Easy enough to fix and maybe really, just write your own. Even better!

      Delete
  4. It looks wonderful! I'd eat it happily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's turning out more interesting after a couple of days. The flavor's emerging. Very nice toasted.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!