Saturday, May 2, 2020

A funny thing happened on the way to the clothes closet

Just musing on what to wear today over the usual white tee, and noticed another turtle neck that hasn't worked for me for ages. The scissors were close at hand.


And this happened. Another handy comfy jacket. No sewing. Wearing it right away. Notice the phone purse, an experiment in filet crochet. Also a safety feature, never without my phone, because You Never Know. I have a few purses, to work with different outfits. Of course!

Posed on location in the Little Gallery, aka downstairs bathroom.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And so easy. Less than a minute to convert a useless sweater into a very handy jacket. My speed!

      Delete
  2. The turtleneck makes a good headband for doing facial masks.
    Little Gallery! Makes me laugh.
    Love the phone purse.
    I think I have enough knitted squares to make one, not as nice as yours, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you make one phone purse, be prepared for everyone wanting one! They catch on. I've given away quite a few.

      Delete
  3. Good ideas. Turtlenecks aren’t commonly worn now, are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not by me, since most buildings other than my house, are too hot for them. Layers it is.

      Delete
  4. Not a turtleneck to be had in my house - far too constricting and hot for me to even contemplate. Rarely need a sweater here either because our building is so warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever lived in a place without my own thermostat. I'm not a fan of having the heat decided for me!

      Delete
    2. We can set our thermostat in every room but only really turn it on when it's really cold or we have a cold east wind. One of the joys of living in a building made of cement blocks is the heat retention.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!