Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Asparagus tip tips, and first world problems

So I washed and washed the asparagus to get the sand out, then you know about determining where the tender part of the asparagus tip ends? I used to grow it, so I've done a lot of this.

You snap each stalk. Where it breaks is where the tip ends and the tougher part starts. It tells you.



So here, tips for steaming, and stalks for soup.

Meanwhile back at the dryer. The supplier now tells me the dryer I told him about does after all exist, but he has no mounting  bracket and installers are on leave because of the virus.

I had found the dryer he said didn't exist, he grudgingly found it's still made, but, oh oh..the mfr won't take orders, made in China, completely shut down. No dryer, no bracket, no installer. Aside from that, Mrs Lincoln.. I'm pursuing another supplier but not with much hope.

First world problem, but I'm still not impressed that the supplier guy claimed the dryer didn't exist. Claimed their chief salesman agreed with him (!) One o' them there hoaxes.



10 comments:

  1. It's the little things, isn't it? Whether of good or bad.
    Asparagus- good.
    Dryer- bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll share how you make the soup. As for the dryer, I am sorry you're having to deal with this, at this time. Everything is so much more difficult right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make pix of the soup when I make it. The weather's still chilly enough for it. And, yes, ordinary things are much harder yo fix at the moment.

      Delete
  3. I’ve never made asparagus soup. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I encounter such problems as "repair guys" that know all, I envision whacking them across the head with a big stick and asking them to recheck! Doesn't change anything but I feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that exact reaction. I've often thought they're lucky we're online! In person I would bring myself to my towering 5'2" and shout at him, in my little soprano voice.. that'll teach him.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like the dryer 'guy' just didn't want to be bothered. Easier to claim the product doesn't exist that to bestir himself to find out for himself. Lazy lout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been unable to get further information from the other supplier who was all keen until I gave him the dimensions. I think they're praying for customers to buy what they have, because they can't order in.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!