Cleaners day today meant I stayed out of their way, at the local library. There was a new puzzle tipped out of the box, so I organized it and started the edges.
A while later, another person came and continued that bottom section.
The gallery is packed with youth art from the school district, a dazzling three walls full of energy and some talent.
And I fell for a couple of pieces, one high school painting, one first grader's foam block printing a la Warhol.
This is an annual event, and I always look forward to it. We have a great art faculty in our school system, as you see. Their ideas are great. Everything from image transfer to portraiture to drawing to paperweaving to printmaking to abstract expression, realism, many approaches.
At home nature's on a roll. The cotton seeds are germinating. Yesterday a tiny shoot, today a leaf opening, amazing speed.
The friend who gave me the bolls told me they germinate like an earthquake, and she wasn't kidding. You can almost watch it. Between breakfast and lunch, two more shoots appeared.
When the weather's warmer, I'll plant them outside because they'll quickly outgrow the starter pot.
Outside the spicebush is in full bloom, and the bees are at work.


















It's good that you have such a fine place to go hang out when your cleaners are working.
ReplyDeleteThat certainly IS a lot of artwork! I would hate to be the one to have to hang it all or to take it all down. There really is some talent there.
I love little kids' self-portraits.
There's a whole team of art teachers who hang the show and do the breakdown. Yes, it's a lot.
DeleteI love several of those works. And, yes, the Andy Warhol inspired piece by the first grader is an absolute favorite.
ReplyDeleteAnd, let’s hope this year is truly a bumper year for “honesty.”
Honesty of all kinds would be good.
DeleteIt’s great when the local school and library work together. It creates a real sense of community
ReplyDeleteYour garden is busting all over the place
I agree, the library is welcoming, part of the learning community.
DeleteThere is a great faculty at this school. Wonderful art each and every one. Wonderful plants and flowers too.
ReplyDeleteI like the range of art and ages a lot. Also the labels that credit the art faculty.
DeleteStudent art can be such fun!
ReplyDeleteTheenergy just buzzes!
DeleteThat youth art is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI love that you organized the puzzle for the next people who came along.
And the flowers, well, just beautiful.
When I saw that person enjoying a little while at the puzzle, I was glad I set it out ready. It's the first time I've been the first person along after the librarian turns out the pieces.
DeleteWhat a fabulous art show! Thank you for sharing it with us!
ReplyDeleteEvery year I look for it.
DeleteI have signs of lettuce sprouting in the raised bed and I think I was a bit of something in the section where I planted snow peas.
ReplyDeleteOff traveling to Greece tomorrow so spring will be happening here while I'm gone.
I hope someone looks in on your garden while you're gone.
DeleteThe Lavender Hill Mob. Saw it years ago. What I remember most is a couple, one of them Alec Guiness, running downstairs all the way from the top of the Eiffel Tower.
ReplyDeleteThen spinning around when they reach the ground! I love it where he wants to be called Dutch! And a lot of other bits.
DeleteThat student art show is wonderful. Fizzing with energy and creativity! I can scarcely believe those cotton seedlings! As Angela says, your garden is busting out all over. What a fun time of the year.
ReplyDeleteChris from Boise
The cotton seeds are exciting, so lively. And yes, there's energy everywhere just now.
DeleteI love the way you fill your life with all these joys and interests.
ReplyDeleteIt seems to fill itself!
DeleteI am amazed at the talent on the library walls. Anything I did in art class at school was never worth a second glance. Certainly none was ever even posted on the kitchen fridge or door or anywhere else.
ReplyDeleteI think there's a good art faculty bringing out the talent.
DeleteLife goes round. I think I vaguely remember the school display from times past.
ReplyDeleteThis exhibit is for the annual Youth art month
DeleteChildren's art is always worth displaying.
ReplyDeleteThe Lavender Hill Mob is one of the classic films, and never fails to entertain.
It's full of great bits, like the pandemonium of police officers at the police exhibit while the loudspeaker is asking for calm and not to hinder the police!
DeleteThat artwork is great! We are so lucky to have great schools in our area too. I have some of my children's art tacked up on my bedroom walls and more saved in their "memory boxes" in the basement. The grandkids love to look through to see their parent's art work. Now the grandkids' art is getting added to my walls. :)
ReplyDeleteA family archive! That's so cool for kids to see what their parents made.
DeleteI would love to have seen that art show! Really wish our library would do something on the same scale but sadly they don't. My campaign to have them carry puzzles has fallen on deaf ears it seems - with them insisting that they would have to spend time counting all the pieces every time a puzzle was returned and it's not worth the man/woman hours needed. That's ridiculous - haven't they heard of the honour system whereby a patron would tell them if a puzzle was short pieces at which time it could be removed from circulation. Oh well, I'll keep trying.
ReplyDeleteDo keep trying! Does every page of every returned book have to be checked?? Sounds as if someone just doesn't want to do it.
DeleteI think you're right! I'll keep at them and maybe they'll decide to act on it. I've told them about your library having a puzzle set up for the public to work on and they greeted that idea with sheer horror. But....but....people would just STEAL the pieces...
DeleteYou have a wonderful library. The art show is is nice to see. It's good so many kids enjoy art.
ReplyDeleteYes, the library is a good place.
DeleteYou know, I have never watched "The Lavender Hill Mob" and I've always meant to. Maybe it will be my first post-retirement movie! Years ago I did a photo walk on Lavender Hill in Clapham. I should go back. It's been ages.
ReplyDeleteRetirement Movie Matinees! No need to wait till evening. After you've seen it I'd like to know if any scenes were from Lavender Hill, or all just studio made
DeleteOn instygram i follow Sir Ken Robinson - his views on art in education are clearly at work in the offerings you have shared today
ReplyDelete