Please join me again in our annual honoring of the brave troops, mostly teenagers, who crossed the planet to fight in World War One, and fought on this day in the Gallipoli landings, against impossible odds. Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. The day is now enlarged to encompass all those who died in wars, and the hope of leaving war behind forever.
Thank you, Australian and New Zealand friends, their compatriots, survivors and families. I will never fail to honor your courage and generosity.


Well, I knew nothing about this so thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteA world with allies is so important. Can't imagine why any sane leader would insult allies and turn them away. :(
To all of those that have served, we remember.
ReplyDeleteLest we forget.
ReplyDeleteThank you for that post. The ANZAC service in our nearest village packed the town hall with standing room all taken as well. There seems to have been a revival of respect for what those generations and our current service men and women rrpresent.
ReplyDeletePS and it was really warming to see a woman in air force uniform, a large collection of service medals on her chest, marching in the cohort of 'returned and currently serving' carrying her toddler in her arms.
ReplyDeleteHard to believe this is well over a century ago. Important to remember.
ReplyDeleteOk, I am a bit vulnerable at the moment, but it is so easy for my eyes to become wet when I think about the wastes of war. Turks and Australians who fought or know detail about Gallipoli have great respect for each other and have formed strong bonds.
ReplyDeleteNew Zealanders need to be including in what I wrote.
DeleteThank you boud. At the moment I'm wondering if the sacrifices family members made were for nothing.
ReplyDeleteI remember the 1981 movie.
ReplyDeleteWell said! Particularly now when the world is once again in such turmoil.
ReplyDeleteA world without war........
ReplyDeleteThe general people are not interested in wars. It’s our children that will be sent to fight for the rich and powerful.
ReplyDeleteThe ANZACS proved just how brave our boys were.
And for those still serving. I hope and pray they come home soon to the ones they love