I spent much more time than I expected choosing threads, cutting, untangling, organizing, untangling, threading, changing my mind, unthreading, untangling, rethreading, and now I'm set. I only need the loom to arrive. This is to be a short band in yellow and white, pattern in yellow, background in white.
I paused to set up a ride for next week's one year checkup for Hippolyta. A year already.
And to watch a couple on the path, carb loading ahead of mating and nesting.
And to fill in an endless online medical questionnaire ahead of the orthopedic appointment. They ask the same things over and over.
I feel like shouting DITTO! SEE LAST TIME I TOLD YOU! I'M STILL MISSING ORGANS! THEY'RE STILL DEAD! after the tenth time of being asked for my surgeries, and all the causes of death of my whole family of origin, parents and six siblings. Don't be the survivor, folks, there's a lot of paperwork.
And I needed to keep up my strength so I carb-loaded on shrimp pasta, followed by a strawberry shake.
Cold today, frost last night so I'm back in warm gear for walking.
I got one artwork packed ready to send tomorrow. Another has been claimed, and I need to figure out materials for shipping for that. And a couple of others have been requested by an excited lady who neglected to give me her address. That gives me time to pack them though. The art winnowing is going nicely.
Happy day everyone. I have a lot to learn about bandweaving including my usual trying to keep the threads organized.
I wonder if some YouTubers edit out the parts where they're crawling around retrieving dropped ends and combing out knots. I do like this new heddle though. It feels good to be threading it.










That's a nice little loom. Yummmm on the shrimp dish. Have a nice day and stay warm over there.
ReplyDeleteThe pasta was simple, just mixed with the shrimp, some of the liquid from the shrimp pan poured over. It's mainly butter and the liquid that comes from frozen shrimp. Very good, too.
DeleteHard to believe it's been a whole year now since your hip replacement -- time seems to have flown by!
ReplyDeleteIt certainly has, since I've been doing well, all good days.
Deleteah, so you're growing your soul too! I do wish those infernal questionnaires would go away. I remember when checking out of the hospital a few weeks ago telling the discharge ladies how much I expected a phone call within hours or email or text asking me how my experience was, did I feel they listened to my concerns, and so on. Everyone of the ladies laughed. I now can't go to any service provider without those questionnaires. Excuse me, I like just typing "questionnaires"...it is such a pretentious word!
ReplyDeleteI've had some of those follow-up quizzes before I'm even home. Why can't they just save the obviously unchanging data, why, why.
DeleteI would imagine most you-tubers edit out the mistakes, there can't be that many perfect people out there. Looking forward to seeing the weaving happening.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to getting on with the weaving now the setup is done. That always takes so much longer than expected.
DeleteCan’t believe it’s already been a year with Hippolyta. The shrimp and pasta looks so good.
ReplyDeleteIt surprised me, too. A very good year! The shrimp pasta is one of the easiest things to cook and never fails. I do buy good pasta from misfits, though, better than supermarket pasta I think.
DeleteThe choosing of colours is definitely a step that takes so much time
ReplyDeleteEven if your taking photos to ask the opinion of friends.
Sometimes it make the whole job even longer!
But it is fun. So many combinations so many options
And as for the little dramas that test our resolve, we’ll these things are sent to test us. I do keep telling the lords about That I think I’m pretty well tested now and want to just retire. But they’re not listening to me
The color choices are pretty rapid in my case, not having much to choose from! It's simpler that way. But it's very easy to get tangled in threads, especially these softer ones which tend to stick together and knot. I shall prevail! I hear you on not needing any more character building thank you. I got enough character to be going on with.
DeleteIf your medical questionnaires are anything like some of my pre-surgery ones, they tend to make me feel healthy and question why I am there. 😇
ReplyDeleteI wonder if anyone actually reads this stuff. They tend to go over it all again in person, anyway.
DeleteI just had my annual "Wellness checkup" and you are right about all of the questions. I don't know why they don't just check my online "My Chart" that they have access to. All the info is already there!
ReplyDeleteI suppose it's easier just to ask again.
DeleteI think we probably all agree with you about those damn questionnaires. As to the surveys every company you deal with these days wants you to fill out- NO! I'll let you know if something went horribly awry.
ReplyDeleteHave fun with your new loom.
The only surveys I will do are now and then Misfits, usually because I'm pleased about something and I want to encourage them. The others can pay for their own market research.
DeleteHere in Canada we are now 'supposed' to be on some sort of universal medical system which all doctors are able to access which should, technically, lead to less paperwork overall. Nope. Each individual doctor still wants their reams of paperwork which is beyond annoying. The plan for the system is to give continuity of care, no matter what doctor or medical professional you see. Somehow that has gotten lost in translation.
ReplyDeleteMost of my doctors are in the same group and can all access the same information. But my primary told me that specialists don't always enter it into the database, gah. So I make sure she hears from me what they said.
DeleteI don't think I would have the patience to sort out threads for weaving, but who knows? Maybe I'll mellow out more as I age:)
ReplyDeleteYou sound excited about the weaving and how wonderful is that.
Yes, I'm really into trying this and then designing my own patterns. I wasn't so much into this years ago, preferred to warp up a small loom and go, tapestry style. But in recent years I've had time and few interruptions, both of which you need. I don't think you have them at this point.
DeleteA one year hippolita anniversary! I enjoy how much you enjoy working with yarn.
ReplyDeleteI think it's a mystery to people who don't weave, knit, etc. But horses are a mystery to people who've never been around them! I like your love of them, likewise.
DeleteThe band will be really delicate and pretty.
ReplyDeleteI agree that answering the same questions repeatedly is trying, but the alternative is unattractive.
The alternative is to use the information they already have! Nothing will change my past surgeries, nor the cause of death of my relatives, so using it would be good.
DeleteI can't believe you've had Hippolyta a year already! Where does the time go?!
ReplyDeleteYes, it's surprising. But now I'm used to just walking, no assists, so I look back in surprise at limping me last year.
DeleteI agree about the questionnaires!! Why can't they just access the MyHealthRecord that is our national database and be done. Doing it for my 86 year old father as well - really - you want ALL of his history on those two bitty lines?
ReplyDeleteSo true. And you have to scroll forevah to find your year of birth on the forms
DeleteThat shrimp pasta looks great. I can't believe it's been a year since Hyppolita!
ReplyDeleteIt was very good. Three meals. Yes, the year has dashed by, largely because I've been doing so well.
DeleteHaving watched some of those long reels of 'ethnic' weaving projects I see what you mean about the time it takes to get the warp threaded up.
ReplyDeleteIt definitely repays patience and a refusal to panic! Even experienced weavers can have a warp mess. But my current warps are pretty short and more manageable. I think.
Delete