Wednesday, April 22, 2026

Happy Earth Day! Gentle rain here, perfect

 


This evening I'm at another Stand up for Science online event, this time to celebrate our earth. 


I think you can still sign up. Go to standupforscience.net and find the simple registration form.  Show up! 8pm Eastern time. I'm posting early to give you the chance.

The loom is on its way. I keep getting excited updates -- now in NJ! Too funny.  But yes, I'm ready. 

Meanwhile I slept till 9:30 this morning, unheard of, but all's well, and I've started another Tudor history, this time a fictional account but well researched, of Thomas Cromwell. 

Happy Earth Day, everyone, each one do our bit where we are, following Jane Goodall's advice. Also go, Virginia!

Now that Orban is gone, Hungary has released massive funding to Ukraine that he had blocked.




36 comments:

  1. Happy Earth Day to you as well, Boud, and if we all take at least one small tep towards conservation it would be a very good thing. I have been using the wool dryer balls and detergent sheets for over a year now as well as mesh produce bags and will be looking for more ways to save resources.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, at least we can avoid harm. Thank you for doing these things.

      Delete
  2. I feel like almost every day is a day I spend tending to the earth of my yard and garden and attending to its needs. Nothing makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You develop a relationship to the earth that way. I like your methods of using seed where you can, much better than my neighbors' buying full grown ornamentals as if they were furniture.

      Delete
  3. Is it Earth Day? Jane Goodall was very wise, and I will follow her advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Earth Day to you. Gentle rain is always nice. I loved Jane Goodall. A wonderful caring lady. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was such a model of integrity. I've been careful with water ever since I heard her talk about the lives of women and girls whose lives were spent carrying every drop they needed.

      Delete
  5. I assume you've read Hilary Mantel's trilogy of novels on Thomas Cromwell? I enjoyed the PBS series based on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That series started my interest in him. Before I read her, I knew little about him

      Delete
  6. Finally some good news for Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hasn't got much attention, but yes, good news.

      Delete
  7. Happy Earth Day, Boud! 🌎
    Gentle rain always feels like a gift.
    I’ve long admired Jane Goodall too--such a wise, caring voice for our planet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's still with us in that sense. Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
  8. Like you and Debra, I've become interested in Cromwell through the Hilary Mantel novel and the (in North America) PBS series based on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the history we learned growing up in the UK, he didn't feature as the powerful man he actually was. So I was interested to find out more.

      Delete
  9. Just to say I think the book is about Thomas Wolsey- well known here in Suffolk with his links to Ipswich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said, yes, it's Thomas Wolsey. The places he knew and lived in feature in the book.

      Delete
  10. "Now that Orban is gone, Hungary has released massive funding to Ukraine that he had blocked." 👍👏😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About time. And maybe they'll stop blocking Ukraine's admission to NATO.

      Delete
  11. It's good to sleep on, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so unusual for me that I can't remember tthe last time. Must be decades.

      Delete
  12. As Ukraine begins to totally give up on the US, other countries step in more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ukraine gave up on the US right after the presidency changed hands. Other countries have been stepping up for years, but the media hasn't been happy to report it.

      Delete
  13. I remember the first earth day. Earth shoes became a thing we all wore. 1970. I've been sleeping longer than is usual. I think it's the quiet stress that is always there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you enjoyed the Earth Day event! I must admit Earth Day was not consciously on my radar, but I did spend several hours in the garden, so I celebrated anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your plant care and using public transportation are a big part of earth day!

      Delete
  15. I planted 16 elderberries plants and two raspberries. Happy Esrthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful choices, perfect earth day observance. Elderberries are a natural antibiotic. I take the mixture any time I think a cold is coming on. I love raspberries but they don't travel well so they're hard to get unless you grow them.

      Delete
  16. Sounds like you had fun with happy earth day festival dear friend
    Bravo for your wonderful plantation adventure 🥰👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, Baili. It was a new bit of energy.

      Delete
  17. For several years now there's been a campaign to turn your lights off for one hour on Earth Day and this year I didn't hear anything about it so of course I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good idea. Not a bad thought to do it more than once a year, too.

      Delete
    2. That sounds like a good idea. Not a bad thought to do it more than once a year, too.

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!