Wednesday, February 25, 2026

Pony's first photoshoot

Long time blogistas will remember the adventures of the Five Dollivers and their dogs, traveling and posing, and endless wardrobe needs. They're now retired to their shelf to quarrel and issue orders to Boud which are quietly deleted.

Now here comes the younger generation, Pony, ready to jump in the bag for her first trip to the library. The cleaners, after several tries interrupted by weather, were coming today. So as usual I went out.

I had thought about calling a ride service but realized I hadn't asked any friend for several weeks, so Gary was happy to oblige. He needed to pick up a prescription near the library, so it worked fine. He shoveled a path on his passenger side, ice and slush, and offered a ride home if I don't find one.  Talk about service.

It's the Year of the horse in the lunar calendar, so the public puzzle was on theme, to Pony's great satisfaction. It's her year, after all.

Always with an eye for a bargain, she scrutinized the free book cart. You can take as many as you want as long as you don't bring them back, is the deal.

And I managed to knit despite her assistance.


Hooves aren't best suited to knitting, so she modeled the scarf instead.

Another friend brought me home, very happy to find out where I'd gone! She's nosy and admits it, like me!  

She also recounted the electronic bird feeder her daughter gave her, takes pictures, all that, and how the squirrels took it apart, bit through the camera cord, and demolished the seed funnel. There's another feeder now on order, and I asked if it included an air gun for squirrels. 

Happy day everyone. Today started restless, anxious, not too well, up in the night,  but improved significantly with helpful friends, and a bit of Pony fun. A lot of snow and ice is worrisome when you start to get out again, sneaky ice patches. Much better now.  And home to a lovely clean house, smelling fresh and cheerful.

Some days start out well and fall off a cliff. This was the opposite. So that's good.





34 comments:

  1. So much better when a day improves as it goes along. I was doing well this morning until I hit a wall after lunch. Jack was up at 4:30am, so I was too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love days that don’t fall off a cliff, and pony’s adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that the pony photo shoot and your visit with knitting friends lifted your spirits. I met with my Weed Ladies flowering arranging group today and that helped me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were driving friends, different ones, just as lovely.

      Delete
  4. I love pony. He kinda almost looks like my dobby the donkey.
    Well he is the same grey anyway
    Anyday you don’t go over the cliff. Is a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pony is pawing at me to say she's a she! But she's happy to be compared to Dobby

      Delete
  5. A nice day for you after being housebound...Pony is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was reluctant as usual to get out, and enjoyed it, also as usual.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely adventure for Pony and she looks like she's enjoying every second of it!

    As for your suggestion about Beautiful Woman of the Day, yes, I think a monthly post could be doable. I'll try to post one on the same date each month, like the 1st or 15th or something reliable like that. I'll keep you and other readers posted once I'm ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It started out pretty low, so it didn't take much to improve ut

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a fun day out, and Pony is so cute. I can never resist free books and always take a look see. Nice your friends obliged with rides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually check the free books, mostly YA though. But you never know.

      Delete
  9. Pony looks lovely modelling the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If she's anything like the Dollivers, she'll want one for herself.

      Delete
  10. Pony will take you along on many adventures, I think.
    Last night was a restless night here, too - no reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's late winter beating up on us. And the hell we're living in here.

      Delete
  11. Glad to read you have a stable of friends to transport you were you want to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, and both yesterday's friends were glad to be asked, and to get me up to date on their doings. It gave my spirits a big lift.

      Delete
  12. It is nice to be abbe to get out and about after being confined for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it's scary getting out in ice and snow when you have a replaced hip. Falling mustn't happen. Realistically, it's stronger than the original one, but that's not how it feels. Being driven by a friend is very helpful.

      Delete
  13. It is good when a day gets better as it goes on, Boud, and yours was that type. Getting out and about with Pony and being transported was wonderful. Did you rescue any free books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always check the free books but haven't found any I need to bring home. They're mostly YA or maybe unsuitable donations.

      Delete
  14. There are many mornings when I have to remind myself over and over that the day will get better. That night's deep gloom and darkness will lift. And generally, it does. At least a little.
    I am so glad yours did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was ill during the night, then weak, so once that abated, everything started to go better. It ended up a really nice day.

      Delete
  15. I'm so glad you did not fall off the cliff. Ponies can make anything better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pony is the extent of my horse acquaintance, but she certainly is a good presences.

      Delete
  16. Oh good - The Adventures of Pony - something to look forward to! I've missed the Dolliver antics.
    Glad you were able to get out and spend some time at the library and then come home to a cleaned house, my idea of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really good day. I enjoyed Pony's trip. I used to have a great time with the Dollivers until the trope got a bit tired.

      Delete
  17. Pony is pretty cute! I know what you mean about asking for rides. It's fine to do it -- but you don't want to do it too often, so spreading it around is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't want to impose, though my friends seem happy to be asked. I want to keep it that way, by asking infrequently. I have half a dozen people willing, so it's pretty good.

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!