Wednesday, February 4, 2026

Temperature soars to the thirties! Walkies!

Today was warm enough to finally get out and walk, sunshine, so much better than the recent subzero that it felt wonderful.

Strictly on the sidewalk though, too hazardous to trudge through deep snow and ice and who knows what branches and other storm debris underneath. But breathing lovely cool air and walking was fine.


For some people it was a working day replacing windows.  


Sorry for the owners too, all their windows out in this weather. But you book the work and whenever they show up, they show up. 

This is how my next door neighbor, hoping to get his windows replaced on a nice October day, ended up getting the crew in a November gale.

Postscript to the patient portal saga: Handsome Son, former software person, took a look at the site, saw the holdup, and said even if that's the wrong entry, let's click on it and see if it triggers the message function. Which it did, and we sent a message saying look we can send a message. 

Later the IT team, using the screenshot I'd sent, emailed saying try clicking on any value and see if it triggers the message function..Handsome Son concluded they were in the middle of an update, but they weren't admitting anything. And I thanked them and omitted to say it was already solved. Let them earn their paycheck.

Happy day everyone, and,speaking of owls which we weren't but can now

I'm a three, arm waving, doing better.





39 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for sons that can figure out stuff for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely ask for help, usually figure it out for myself. But he was visiting so I thought why nit.

      Delete
    2. Why not, not nit, if you follow me.

      Delete
  2. I think I'm medieval owl #7, "Mr Grumpy."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might be 1, 2, AND 7. Is that permitted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a sequence! Yes, possible to run through the stages.

      Delete
  4. 30s? Be still my heart. That sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. Looking forward now eagerly to wearing fewer layers. Not quite yet though.

      Delete
  5. Today in my town it is like summer. My heaters are turned off and I have the windows open. I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Owl-scale I've been doing a lot of 7 recently. Great snow pics- it looks refreshing/refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a one on the owl scale:) We've just ordered new windows which should be installed in the spring. I'm hoping they'll remove the need the for AC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel like a one sometimes. I hope your windows arrive in mild weather.

      Delete
  8. Same type of weather here, and it felt like spring (didn't LOOK it, mind you, with all that snow on the ground.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m definitely a seven. That’s the look I’m giving everyone right now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if they're also sevens. There's a lot right now.

      Delete
  10. If #2 owl is saying just leave me alone for today, then that's me. Here in Australia, 30F is c-c-c-cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! At the moment 30f is mild. It's all in the comparison.

      Delete
  11. Your weather looks lovely, but I'm sure it is still cold. I am owl 7, looking a bit cross but I am not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to have resting 7 face, which isn't how I feel, either. The weather felt mild because no wind.

      Delete
  12. I'm a 7, glowering at yet another gloomy wet day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't had gloom, more like drama. It's hard on your spirits when it keeps on raining. After a bit you get tired of being glad for farmers and ducks.

      Delete
  13. number five owl...a bit bemused..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful blue skies in your photographs. They are uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? We do often get blue skies in winter.

      Delete
  15. I really seem to be frequently running a day late recently. Our weather hasn’t been as frigid lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seem to get out no matter what though. You do well.

      Delete
  16. I must admit to being #7. It's good you were able to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I believe I am owl #6, beset on all sides by real and imagined nuisances.
    I HATE the patient portal with the heat of a thousand suns. Either I am useless at using it or it is useless in being used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear owl, it's not you, it's the cheapskate doctors who won't spend money on good IT

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. I'm liking it for now. It's going down again soon.

      Delete
  19. 30's - I can't imagine. Right now it's -22C here (about -7F). At least the sun is shining and it's not snowing.
    Glad Handsome Son was able to figure out the problem. How I miss having our #2 son on speed dial. The nerve of him to move clear across the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our warm spell is over. Feels like minus 6 f right now. With a brisk wind.

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!