White rabbits and happy Brigid's Day. She seems to be the patron saint of just about anything you need.
A bit of an overachiever, if you ask me.. started out as a pagan goddess, appropriated as a Catholic saint and protector of Ireland, put in charge of fiber and crafts, all sorts of jobs. That's like being First Lady and Secretary of State and Senator... Yes Hillary did all that.
Edith Holden on February
If any of my fair maids came up this year, they're under there, a foot of snow. They can come up, bloom and fade, all under snow.
Twenty minutes of chair yoga is more activity than you might think, but a great idea when you're stiff and chilly on a Sunday winter morning.
It's nicely paced with breathing included in the instructions, always a good thing.
And lunch was a quick stew which reminded me of some national flag. With garlic toast.
I'm reading a mystery where Queen Liz the Two is the detective. There's a series, and this one's at Sandringham, near the Norfolk coast.
I just got through all the Ruth Galloways set on the same coast, I seem to be in a geographical rut. This one's really good, funny and fast moving.
And I completely missed a great online presentation on kilims, through having fallen asleep just before it began. So, sorry, you have no textiles to marvel at today.
Happy day everyone, do what you can, nap if you must. All good.








Plus Brigid is also the goddess of poetry, healing, and metalworking. Such a multitasker!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely a role model. She can turn her hand to anything.
DeleteA pinch and a punch for the first of the month. That was carried out quite vigorously at school, as I recall.
ReplyDeleteI've made a note of the Royal Murder book. I can't imagine how having the queen do the solving will work.
Well,she does have people for that..
DeleteHappy continued Brigid's Day.
ReplyDeleteThanks for mentioning the book. I've put holds on the series at my library.
ReplyDeleteI hoping it warms up a bit soon!
Happy February. Let’s all light a candle to Saint Brigid. Also patron saint of midwives, newborns, Irish nuns (only Irish ones?), fugitives, blacksmiths, dairymaids, boatmen, chicken farmers, cattle, scholars, sailors...
ReplyDeleteShoes and ships and sealing wax, and cabbages and Kings! She's amazingly versatile.
DeleteI did nap in my recliner for an hour or so today though my sleep was fragmentary. Still, it felt good.
ReplyDeleteSounds like good timing.
DeleteNaps are lovely...my most recent habit...freezing here.
ReplyDeleteSo cozy, with Mercy assisting, I expect. It's good for your mind to let it rest a while.
DeleteBridget is definitely a popular goddess
ReplyDeleteNapping is a very worthwhile activity these days
It's becoming a kind of strength. Refueling.
DeleteI hadn’t slept much on Saturday night. Quite a long nap yesterday didn’t help last night’s sleep either. No naps today.
ReplyDeleteDo you find the full moon interferes with sleep? A lot of people are affected by it.
DeleteI forgot White Rabbits for February!
ReplyDeleteI hope Groundhog Day will be the harbinger of a wonderful, warm spring.
A while till spring around here, but halfway there, more or less.
DeleteIt's strange but all of my life if I take a nap I wake up grouchy and not very nice. So I never take a nap during the day. A wonderful goddess for sure. The soup looks so good and perfect for these cold days. Have a nice one today.
ReplyDeleteNaps definitely don't suit everyone. Some people get a second wind, others just don't feel well. I can nap briefly, about 20minutes, and feel fine.
DeleteJust wanted to thank you for the chair yoga. I like April and her mom. Some of the poses are a little slow for me but I will be using some of these videos. So again thank you.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you like the dynamic duo. They have a wide range of videos to follow, so I choose by what seems right today.
DeleteHappy Imbolc...lambs are about to be born. I've read (listened to library's audio books) two of Bennett's novels about the sleuthing queen...I'm trying to do them in order. They are certainly enjoyable!
ReplyDeleteI just got an audio and an e-book from the series, in any order I can find them. I'm liking them quite a bit.
DeleteIxchel, the Mayan boss lady goddess was also a ridiculously busy multitasker. She was in charge of everything from the moon to weaving and I believe the sea. Not to mention, of course, childbirth and fertility. Not necessarily in that order. We ask a lot of our divine women, don't we?
ReplyDeleteI think we're making them in our own image.
DeleteI've been sticking with my plan to do chair yoga and have cobbled together my own routine using different suggestions I found online. So far I haven't noticed much difference but surely it's doing some good in areas I don't see.
ReplyDeleteFor some reason I can't imagine the Queen would have ever sanctioned such books but perhaps she read them in secret. Then again, I never thought she'd appear with Paddington Bear either.
Good for you for doing your yoga. I imagine it's helping subtly. The books give a flattering picture of QE2 so I doubt she had much objection!
DeleteI do chair yoga. It helps my stiff old body. I am not a person who naps. No by design, I just don't.
ReplyDeleteGood going, it's really a good practice.
DeleteAs a mother of a 16 year old, I would like to say that Miss Rabbit (from Peppa Pig) definitely evokes St Brigid!
ReplyDeleteAnother appearance!
DeleteQEII as a detective -- how "amusing," as she might say.
ReplyDeleteQuite!
Delete