I had quite a few suggestions for names for Pony:
Polly
Pollyanna
Dapper
Sweetie
Stitches
Penelope
Percival
Poindexter
Pedro
Pooky
Zipper
Valentine
I studied the choices, remembering dear old Pony, who lived at the convent where I send the knitted gloves and socks. That was his full name, so I considered it.
He had a nice paddock where he received his fans and treats, when he wasn't out having illicit adventures in other people's gardens. And this weekend, along came Bad Bunny.
So we have Pony Bad Bunny. Pony for short.
And I got a response from the insurance people confirming that the reason for the sudden premium increase for the house coverage was the cancellation of the auto coverage. I'm deeply suspicious that the increase is almost exactly what they refunded when I cancelled. Sigh.
Meanwhile, Misfits seems to be an afternoon delivery for Ronald.
I usually try to do a bit of catch-up before deliveries. I had a piece of good ginger in the fridge, and wanted to be sure to process it before it got dry. Not cheap.
Enter the microplane and paring knife, and now I have two containers of ginger in the freezer ready for use
Minced probably for cake, diced for Wil Yeung recipes. I don't bother peeling since the skin has a lot of flavor and works fine.
Then Ronald arrived with a small order this week, in a rental van, I wonder if the pink truck came to grief on the ice.
The "meet the family" card back there is about eggs, which I didn't order this week. Maybe it's to remind me.
Canned goods plus honey for the food pantry, honey for me too, Rockit apples like little jewels, olive oil because I'm clean out, blueberries to go with the yogurt, yay my favorite yogurt was back in stock this week, green olives because that sauce was great and I'm up for making it again, only with the "right" olives, tuna for tuna melt and salad, different ketchup because the other wasn't available.
I already have things like diced tomatoes chickpeas, cannellini beans, so I'm catered for. It's all good. This evening dinner will be i stew of chickpeas and diced tomatoes flavored with that olive sauce.
Happy day everyone, congratulations to Minneapolis for apparently defeating ICE. For now.
When we get rid of this brutal bunch, we'll have people like those brave souls in Minneapolis and other cities to thank for showing us how it's done. And we will never forget the people who gave their lives and health and safety.
To honor them, we'll keep pushing, in every way we can think of. As exhausted, traumatized families eventually get back from concentration camps in Texas to home, they'll still need help. Local organizations will still need donations. We're not at the end, just at the end of the beginning.
Still my flag. We'll retrieve it from the mud and clean it up.
I’ll bet Pony is bilingual.
ReplyDeleteCertainly!
DeleteApparently ICE is moving into Philadelphia and Pennsylvania next, I read somewhere today.
ReplyDeleteThey've been there a few days. Less bombastic though.
DeleteWe have (embarrassingly) three vehicles including my husband's pickup truck. We have full insurance coverage on all of them. We talked to our agent but reducing some of them to liability only, we really didn't save any money. Our home insurance skyrocketed too. I think it is the cost of materials to rebuild. The new shower wall we purchased in Dec/24 were $1800. In Jan/26, 13 months later, they are priced at $3200. Tariffs.
ReplyDeleteI think I did well with my bundled insurance for years. Oh well.
DeleteIncredible what the insurance company did. There should be a law against that! Love Pony’s full name!
ReplyDeleteI think insurance companies of all kinds are criminal enterprises!
DeleteWill you look around for another insurer?
ReplyDeleteTBA
DeleteThat insurance company is taking liberties that should be illegal.
ReplyDeleteIt's a steep rise. But tariffs have put steep rises in the price of building materials, and I think that's factored in, too. Repairs are much more expensive now. Most of our wood, eg, is Canadian, and you know about those tariffs..
DeleteYou are right and as one living in the land of perpetually rising rates, I feel both your pain and your disgust.
ReplyDeleteYes, you get it, e. If only our incomes rose to match.
DeleteI might have chosen "Stitches", before you did the full reveal. Rockit apples must be a new variety - never heard of them. Insurance - ugh! And yes, we will reclaim our flag and wash the mud out. Thanks for keeping it in your roster.
ReplyDeleteChris from Boise
I went through a lot to adopt our flag, so nobody better trample on it! I've had little rockits before. They're perfect for little kids, just enough apple! Okay for me, too.
DeleteRead recently about how regulation in US prevents (or prevented) insurance co.panies from pricing insurance cover on perceived risk (could only use historical risk) so many ceased completely to underwrite risk in areas where they couldnt charge appropriate premiums - the reason so many were uninsured in those devastating Californian fires. (I used to work in marine insurance.) Maybe something has changed in the regulatory environment and insurance companies are rebalancing risk and premiums.
ReplyDeleteThey did warn us that they'd applied for rate increases. They weren't kidding. But they can certainly show increased expenses in repairs since tariffs have driven up the cost of building materials.
DeleteYou are much more organised with your food order than me. This eeek I left off bananas, onions, and small potato's. Was sure I'd ordered brocoli, but no, another memory fail. Thank heavens for the little local corner shop!
ReplyDeleteI don't have a local corner shop, so I'd better not forget! But I do have several days to order each week before the window closes.
DeleteThe end of the beginning would be good.
ReplyDeleteI'm working for dems to retrieve the House and stop him in his tracks. Maybe even the Senate.
DeletePony has an excellent name.
ReplyDeleteI suspect the marked increase in fires and catastrophic storms has led to some of the increase in premiums. After all, the ins. co's are paying out huge amounts for those claims and they're going to want to recoup their loss somehow. Yes, tariffs have some bearing on the equation too. Sadly the tariffs the orange buffoon leveled against Canada is causing a bigger backlash in the US and he doesn't care that it's hurting the American people. We won't go into the latest announcement regarding the environmental controls.
None of those catastrophic losses applied in this state, but I think we're still paying anyway. Sigh.
DeleteHope you can check other insurance companies to find a better rate.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a healthy eater!
My neighbor recently checked around for HO insurance when his premiums shot up, and ended up finding my company was the best. Low bar.
DeleteI LOVE Pony Bad Bunny! Excellent name.
ReplyDeleteAnd excellent assortment of food for the week. Many good things to eat will be coming forthwith, I am sure!
I do enjoy planning and making good food. And the way I feel each day is a reward in itself. I found a good lentil curry recipe which I'm trying this weekend. And I'm thinking of maybe a blueberry clafouti since I have plenty.
DeleteYou lead such a busy life I can't keep up. Pony? What pony? Had to trawl back a bit. Such pretty yarn to work with.
ReplyDeleteWell if you keep running off to Iceland, you miss stuff.
DeleteInsurance companies are only in the business of making money. Our provincial government wants to have private health care and I imagine the insurance companies are wild with delight, and dollar signs in their eyes. It's sickening.
ReplyDeleteInsurance is a weird business altogether.
DeleteThe ICE invasion has greatly damaged the economy here and cost the state a bundle of money. All to show how tough this administration is. I'm so sick of small people playing tough.
ReplyDeletePony is a good name. Coming from someone who has an orange tabby named Tabby and one named Gatto (cat). And a tuxedo known as Black Cat.
The invasion was I think largely retaliation against Walz for running against him. Puny little tin pot T.
DeleteI thought after all the great name suggestions, it was funny to come back to basics!
That insurance increase sounds pretty suspicious. I'm not sure what I'd do with that -- perhaps search for another policy.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking.
Delete