Early morning sunshine and interesting shadows indoors and out. Notice how deep the snow is out there it's a blanket for the plants, protection from extreme cold.
Misfits arrived, mid morning because it's Haleem's morning shift. He's a big guy and often brings in the box on his shoulder, but I'm tempted to say whoa, watch out for that, always the same shoulder. But I'm not his Mom. I wouldn't be surprised if she says likewise.
Canned goods for the food pantry, except the pumpkin puree was dented so I won't give that, but got a refund.
Fresh salad greens and tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese because this is the time of year when fresh salads are urgently needed, by me anyway, Nancy's yogurt, instead of the no longer available odds and ends brand, which was very good also cheaper.
Beautiful brown free range eggs which taste like eggs. Strawberries from Florida, thank you Florida, blueberries to go with yogurt for desserts, lazy cook bread loaves, Bananaz, need a couple of days to ripen.
Squash which I'm cooking ahead to freeze for soup or cake or something. Potatoes to roast with maybe a fried egg, we'll see, or maybe with shredded cheese over. Come to think of it I might do that later today. Parboiling them right now.
Nice late winter meals coming up. I have more shrimp to go with the salad doings.
And just enjoy the beauty of those tomatoes and berries. It's beyond me how they're Misfits, just perfect condition. It's possible that they're surplus though.
In fact, here's lunch
And that's it from Boud Food this week. It's such a lift seeing the pink van arrive each week, especially in winter, like the cavalry coming in.
I know, easily pleased. There's worse things.
Happy day everyone, shadows can be lovely, not always ominous.












I'm always impressed with your Misfits haul. We don't have anything like that here!
ReplyDeleteI believe they operate in every state. Have you checked? I've been very happy with them for years now.
DeleteFresh fruit and vegetables make a very pleasing still life - so much promise.
ReplyDeleteYes, it's beautiful, colors shapes, future taste.
DeleteHow do you get those heavy boxes into your kitchen? Do you open them out on the porch and bring it in bit by bit? Don't want to hurt your shoulder! The food looks especially colorful this week!
ReplyDeleteYes, I open them outside and bring in the contents bit by bit. The last few items remaining are usually light enough for me to carry in the box. These boxes are well designed, with hand holds.
DeleteThat's good looking lunch you have there. I bought shrimp on my Tuesday adventure. I'd say the tomatoes and berries are probably surplus.
ReplyDeleteYour Big Shopping Safari? Yes they're perfect so most probably surplus.
DeleteA nice haul. It definitely would feel like Christmas once a week.
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely. And the only effort is bringing them into the house and prepping.
DeleteYour Misfits displays are always so beautiful. Just seeing them pleases me.
ReplyDeleteSome nice models for still life drawing. Just sayin'.
DeleteI looked for blueberries today, but there weren’t any. There would probably be some expensive ones in the bigger, alternative store. I would pay up if I were there.
ReplyDeleteThey're all more expensive but I think worth it.
DeleteThe fruit looks beautiful. They don’t fit the misfit label!
ReplyDeleteSometimes they're surplus, sometimes it's a size issue. Supermarket sizing is very rigid. I think they're missing out. But mostly it's not a quality issue.
DeleteBeautiful fresh fruit 'n veg!
ReplyDeleteI would think that seeing food being delivered is one of our most primal pleasures, going all the way back to the earliest hunting and gathering days.
ReplyDeleteThat's an interesting thought. I expect it's also why I feel such gratitude to the drivers.
DeleteWhat fresh delights in the middle of winter - benefit I guess of living in a big country with so much latitude - it's still strawberry season somewhereš
ReplyDeleteYes, that smell of summer. Not that there's much warmth and sunshine lately in Florida. I wonder if they picked fast to beat the frost.
DeleteI love seeing your Misfits haul and I would love even more not having to do the dreaded grocery shopping. One good thing to come out of covid was being able to order online and do curbside pickup. I hope they never stop that service. Some of the stores here are now offering bags of 'imperfect' fruits and veg's...of course it's a marketing ploy on their part to get rid of things they would otherwise throw away or be forced (!) to donate. Anything they can do to increase their profits.
ReplyDeleteI'd be cautious about those imperfect items. They don't stock them that way, and I wonder if they got bruised or are near the sell by date. I can't see stores dropping curbside pickup, for the benefit of people who hate shopping. Food is so labor intensive start to finish.
DeleteWe often buy the imperfect apples and carrots and there's really been no issues. Mainly the produce is just smaller or misshapen and that doesn't affect the quality overall.
DeleteYou are lucky to have Misfits.
ReplyDeleteThey're in all the lower 48 states. Misfits bought out Imperfect Food. I bet you can find the service.
Delete