Monday, February 23, 2026

Check-in from Snowlandia

This morning the snow is still coming, and blowing.  Power is in,  coffee's hot and there's banana bread.





There's no going anywhere today, plows can't even start till the snow stops, but I'm fighting back. I cast on a summer scarf.

It will shape up once it's pressed, to look lacy. Sock weight cotton. Same pattern as the recent scarf but it will look quite different.

Happy day! Keep warm if that applies, sez Ted and Big Ursy and Pony.






39 comments:

  1. I’ve been wondering how things are going there. Looks like a wonderful day to be inside. With power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very hazardous outside. Total driving ban till a little while ago.

      Delete
  2. that is some serious snow. Good job you've got your nice new slippers to keep your toes cosy. Do stay warm and snug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the makings of a great day, in spite of the weather. It is hitting us this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, that is a snowlandia! Wow! I bet things shut down for a while and hopefully you do not lose power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to live in Wisconsin and had heavy snows there, but here it's heavy and wet and even plows have a hard time.

      Delete
  5. We too have been following weather reports in our native NJ and have the same here in Nashua, NH. Like yourself, we are staying indoors and watching the storm with no where to go and a lot of time to not get there. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is some heavy snow. Stay warm and enjoy your knitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wet snow, hard to move. The small cat plow got stuck on the sidewalk and was replaced by human shovelers.

      Delete
  7. Wow, you got a ton of snow there! Yes, work on your summer scarf, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an act of faith that summer will come and I'll be here to see it.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful though treacherous! Our snow didn't stick on trees, shrubs, because of high winds. We only had about half an inch, but it's still falling, and won't be above freezing till sometime tomorrow. So I canceled my appointment in Asheville. I love that cotton yarn...looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Safety first. You'll still have the health issues after the snow's gone.

      Delete
  9. That's a lot of snow!!Working on a summer scarf sounds hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It amuses me when people from Alberta and Minnesota marvel at our snow. I feel seen!

      Delete
  10. A summer scarf sounds perfect for a day like that. Hopefully that's the last storm of the season!! Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last storm can be as late as April. But we can hope.

      Delete
  11. Glad you don't have to go anywhere! Enjoy your knitting and reading and keeping cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see now that some have lost power. Sure hope it does not happen to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have two power companies, and usually the loss is the other one. Mine tends to be reliable.

      Delete
  13. When it snows at yours it really throws it down (and it clearly sticks). Not windy though?

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did get nailed. Yikes. Very beautiful but wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trees down, too, because it's wet snow. Fingers crossed our power lines haven't been brought down.

      Delete
  15. Aren't you glad you don't have to shovel your car out of all that. ;) Looks pretty, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worst winter in many years. I feel so glad I got out of car ownership in November, just in time

      Delete
  16. Sorry you were in the line of snow going up the coast. We missed this one but we have that much snow on the ground without getting that storm.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No lack of moisture in the north east. I think the western states would really like some. Distribution isn't working right.

      Delete
  17. Y'all must have a very dependable power grid. Here in Lloyd, the power goes out if the wind blows. As it did yesterday, in fact. We do have an inordinate number of trees that can come down on to the lines. And their branches, of course.
    PLEASE stay cozy! It sort of scares me to see weather like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty intimidating, ngl, but I have good neighbors. Also knitting and banana bread.

      Delete
  18. Wowee! Coffee and banana bread sounds like a great response to that kind of weather. It does look intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's a good idea to stay indoors, but the snow does look very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It’s cold here again. We will have snow overnight, but I don’t think that it will be significantly amount. Enjoy your inside projects.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow - that is truly an impressive snowscape!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wondered how you were faring with this crazy snow! That's quite a scene outside! I don't blame you for staying in and staying warm.

    ReplyDelete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!