Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Yesterday, weather, food, today onward

 The weather yesterday, after high heat and dewpoint 78, went like this

And here's how it arrived


The white areas are rain too heavy to see through. Thunder, lightning.

Just as well Handsome Son had decided not to go to the shore anyway.

Later he came over with a large sausage and pepperoni pizza from the local cook while you wait store, with soda. I decided to avoid all opportunities for work, and we used paper plates, paper napkins ( white, with linen napkins blue, placemats, red)

And disposable bowls for the ice cream, white, strawberries, red, blueberries, blue dessert. There's a theme here. 

Handsome S had plenty of everything, but a token strawberry and no blueberries, well, I offered. It all went well, and he left with a couple of leftover slices, leaving one for my breakfast today.

 After bfast I  did a bit of weaving

altered the yellow skirt to fit better, then caught up on blog reading and wouldn't you know it, Magpie's Mumblings is at it again. 

There's a link today reminding me I can recycle the surplus newspaper Gary gave me for the skirt pattern, by pulping and making s bit of recycled paper. Soooo, here we are



Watch this space.

And  then I embarked on pockets for the independence skirt.



Left pocket in progress, right completed pocket.

In the middle of which Gary dashed in to borrow a spray bottle, something to do with his showerhead, I didn't get involved, just handed one over and let things work out. 

He also tells me those towelly things are decorative bath towels, so now I know. I thought decorative stopped at fingertip towels, the kind you dry your hands on your clothes rather than use them.

So we're here, reading another frothy, frilly hotweathery book

And here's a hotweathery puzzle. Or a wintry one if you're in the southern hemisphere.


Happy day, everyone, sometimes it's better to let things unfold, I tell myself. And one day I'll do that. I expect the weather report from Hell will be very chilly though.



22 comments:

  1. Wow, y'all had a downpour!
    The worse part of storms missed us , but not neighboring places.
    The handmade paper link caught my attention as well. It is a great idea to make paper for holiday cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just a low end version, not the lovely abaca paper I usually make, but worth a try, just to recycle.

      Delete
  2. "the kind you dry your hands on your clothes rather than use them" made me sputter!

    Pizza for breakfast is a special treat around here. As rain would be!

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a rare treat here, so rarely do I eat pizza, but all the better for that.

      Delete
  3. Strawberries are in season here. I bought some from the local stand just around the corner. I should take a picture of the stand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also of the strawberries. Unless it's too late!

      Delete
  4. That's the perfect menu to celebrate the Fourth of July! And I have something to celebrate too because I got today's HH word puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was beginning to worry about you! Isn't that silly?
    Glad your Red, White, and Blue pizza party went well. Looks quite celebratory!
    Were you happy to get the rain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was slow getting to blogging today in account of all the stuff I got up to. Also I had no pictures till I got up to stuff. But I do tend to think people might worry if I don't get moving and blog! How nice of you! We haven't been short of rain particularly, but I'm always happy to be spared watering.

      Delete
  6. A perfect pizza party. Now you have had rain you don’t need to water and that’s a good thing.
    Once I’m over all this jet lag, and other things I’ll get back into my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll be so happy to be making again! The trip was wonderful and so's home.

      Delete
  7. Got it! And you're the second blogger I've visited today who's reading D E Stevenson. Glad you had a tasty if wet 4th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, a Dessie! I really like her gentle all will be well world.

      Delete
  8. That was a tropical day you had. We could use some of the rain. Pizza for breakfast is always good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing how fast the rain soaked in. The earth must have been drier than I realized.

      Delete
  9. Your 'makery' is fast paced and over so many fields of activity. My humans say pizzas for breakfast is just 'ace'. They usually eat theirs cold however - leftover from night before. I, the Tigger, prefer leftover roast chicken for breakfast. xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pizza for breakfast seems to be a favorite around here. Except for them as likes their chicken.

      Delete
  10. we finally got a bit of rain today, about ½", not a lot but I'll take it. My grandgirl autumn wanted to make some paper for a school project many years ago. neither of had ever done so and out effort was less than successful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned it from scratch in a fifteen week course taught by a nationally known maker, everything from building our own mold and deckle, to all the various pulps and stuff to add. I do a simplified version nowadays, avoiding additive chemicals. Joan was a brilliant teacher. I also took life drawing from her, marvelous experience, great critique.

      Delete
  11. Oh dear - looks like I've led you astray yet again!
    Decorative BATH towels? Must be something for the idle rich, certainly not something the ordinary person would have need for. I take one look at the 'pristine pretty' ones in many bathrooms and tend to take a page out of my mother's book and use the 'pass of my ants' rather than mess them up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!