Friday, August 5, 2022

You know it's hot when

 When it's like this in the evening


And you need to bake something, being all out of bread-adjacent food. So you wait til it's below 90 to make walnut hot biscuits


And till evening to do urgent laundry, so as not to stress the grid. Very civic-minded.

My first week of not making has involved a lot of reading and an unexpected need to try endlessly to get into my rx online website. 

The link they sent me to reorder didn't work, so I went direct to the website, couldn't get in on any link at all. On phone, tablet or laptop. Dm"d them on Twitter, and they've been trying to get it fixed since Monday. 

IT can't trace the problem, and eas ready to blame me, usual procedure in my experience. So i did an end run and got Handsome Son to try on his system, different server, computer etc. 

He got an error message too, saying password and user didn't match their records. Further in than I could get. I've been using the same ones all along no problem.. Which message I forwarded to customer service, who said oh. And promised to continue checking.

If all else fails I'll get the rxs, there are several, locally, but that will cost $,  copays apply. The online service is covered by my premium, no copay..

So that has been an exciting(!) addition to the week. It took my mind off making. The shoulder is down to being a bit stiff, so much better. But I think I'll take Sandra's advice and rest it even after it seems okay. 

I suspect it's like when you get the flu snd start to feel better, rush to catch up then realize you're not actually well, just better than before. So I'll proceed with caution.

Anyway, Sinems and Manchin appear ready to vote as Democrats finally and get the big corporate tax/ environment bill passed. I wonder how Joe managed that. He's a wily old pol,  ever underestimate him.

And it seems DOJ is also working, charges finally brought against Breanna's murderers. I never doubted he was up for it,  but Garland has had to endure a barrage of criticism from people who don't believe anything's   happening unless they've been informed personally. Including some distinguished jurists. Looking at you, Tribe! 

Time for them to walk back their claims DOJ wasn't t going to nail Trump. I think it's coming.

Today is Misfits box day, complete, all being well, with cherries. I have been able to do nothing for Handsome Son 's birthday this year, on Monday. 

What with the heat and the doctor visits and the vision issues,and his work schedule taking all his evenings, it's been fraught.. 

So, as God is my witness I will at least make him a chocolate cherry cake anyway.  That's the plan. And make a birthday card. When your mother's an artist it's more fun to get a commercial one, really, but needs must. And there will be a nice check..

Happy day everyone, fight on, play on, live on, we've got this!



13 comments:

  1. I hope you're right. Cherry cake, homemade card and check? You've definitely got that and happy birthday to Handsome Son. I hope your shoulder continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are ready for a break in the heat. And a break in the medical stuff, too!
    I should think that a homemade birthday card and a chocolate cherry cake would be fine gifts.
    Now if you can just get those dang medicines ordered...
    So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, cooking and laundry in extreme heat requires some planning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There’s some +ve news here although your Rx problem does not seem to be that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s hot here too though the. Island breeze helps. We are lying low most of the day. Stay cool, Boud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy you have decided to wait on using your shoulder. I want you to be making and not hurting. It's absolutely frustrating when technology acts up. Which it inevitably does. We are hot and humid today, too. Miserable. I would love a piece of that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand baking and 'hot'. I usually turn on the hood vent with the thought that it helps suck out the hot air. Seems like it works as the house doesn't heat up so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's too hot!
    Do you really think they'll get trump?

    I'm sure Handsome Son loves your cards best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You work hard to thank HS. That's nice,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you call the pharmacy provider and order drugs over the phone? If they can't keep their website operating, you should be able to get help from a human.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The heat has finally hit us too - at this moment (6 pm) it's currently 86F outside. I'm not looking at the 'feels like' temperature because I really don't want to know. Finally turned the a/c on yesterday.
    Happiest of Birth Day wishes to Handsome Son!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can only begin to imagine the level of frustration you're feeling over the total ineptitude of the medical system. It's so upsetting when you can't get the system to work and then can't get an honest-to-goodness person (who, btw, also so happens to possess an element of brain power) to help.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oops - I commented twice on this post! Good memory, but obviously really short.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!