Saturday, August 13, 2022

Oh, what a beautiful moooornin '


Lovely start. 

Yesterday despite an email apologizing that there would be a shipping delay, the Misfits box arrived bang on schedule, complete and in good condition


Another pound of some of the best cherries I've ever had, better than local, of which there haven't been any this year anyway. 

And the olive oil came so I can make blueberry muffins with the berries in this order.

Gary gave me tomatoes he'd grown, 

so the newly arrived pita bread became a pair o' pizzas. Onions, spiced up ground turkey, spinach, tomatoes blue cheese, grana padano, pinch of za'atar, some crushed basil. 



Off to the farm today to get plum tomatoes for lemon tom jam, reminded by Mary Anne about this . 


The recipe doesn't specify plum tomatoes but I find they work better, less juice, more texture.

And Boots Bear, the new tenant of the upstairs rocker, had a word.

Boud, not wanting to complain because I like my new digs, so peaceful without the Dollivers always arguing about fashion and grumbling that Boud hasn't made them anything new for ages, oh sorry..

Boots, never mind that, what's up?

Well, that's the trouble. Ursula's not up. She's downstairs and I need her upstairs. She's my boo. Her name means little bear, too. She's even got a constellation or maybe two.

Ah. Lonely for Ursula, still living downstairs. Easily fixed, Boots. Here she comes. 

Complete with tiny pussyhat and custom scarf, small but fierce. Nice if all our troubles could be fixed with an Ursula.

Who's the Ursula in your life? 

Yesterday was cool enough to sit out and read, and watch the sky and a tiny airplane circling around probably just having fun, with turkey vultures sailing far around the sky on great updrafts.



I live in a lovely tree-filled green place.

And this is for the tarot followers among our blogistas

I hope all our revelations and guidance are good. Lovely full moon last night, streets filled with silver light. I had to get up and check.

Happy day everyone, we got the big IRA legislation done, massive move to protect climate, and seniors and Obamacare, and pay for it by finally fairly taxing freeloading corporations. 

This president I had some doubts about at the outset,  is proving to be a star. Some big pieces dropped in the compromise, but we can come back and fight them out.  

What a couple of weeks. Justice on all sides working. 

Ukraine's at another danger spot, send vibes



10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you have some cooler temperatures. Still hot as hell here. Unbelievable what is being revealed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Kliban's tarot reading cat! Glad Ursula has joined her friend upstairs. And all that Misfits fruit looks so delicious -- you'll make lovely treats with it all, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer is the richest time for fruit, isn't it? When I was pregnant with Lily who was born at the end of September, one of the few good things about being pregnant in summer was the fruit in such abundance. If I craved watermelon- there it was!
    Your cooler temperatures make me jealous but if we got a day that cool in August something would be very, very wrong.
    It makes my heart happy to see Boots and Ursula together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that Biden and his administration and the Dems in Congress deserve kudos for getting this done. If only Republican voters would acknowledge the benefits! A pipe dream, I know.

    I think Olga is my Ursula.

    I envy you those temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve, I think a lot of people would say their pet is their Ursula. My late great CK (Chocolate Kitty) Duncan was mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, there has been some ok political news lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good idea you had for pita pizza! My Ursula would probably be my cat, Frieda. I can't believe I'm saying this, I'm going to be kicked out of the dog lady club. I'm happy to see some action coming on several fronts on the political/legal front.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been a good few weeks for the president in spite of the extended Covid bout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy with Biden's body of work. I hope others see it coming together, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tomato jam recipe is in our file waiting for next year. Looking forward to trying it, thank you.
    Good to hear that something positive has happened politically in your country. It's about time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!