Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Another fine day

Yesterday was a great walking day. Local sights


Can anyone id this fruiting shrub at the edge of trees? Maybe wild cherry? Except they're usually much smaller and red. Mulberry? 

Here's goldenrod, flourishing everywhere



It blooms near ragweed which is more inconspicuous, and people used to blame goldenrod for their ragweed allergies.

Here's a squirrel busy tackling an acorn snack. 


Yesterday saw the completion of my first microseason journaling. Just a few words each day to record natural sightings


I embroidered a little motif to cover the stain on the tee, and now I will wear it. When I get up later today, in fact.



Closeup

Awake in the middle of the night, so I'm happily blogging instead of irritably trying to sleep. Lovely that I don't have to be worried about how to get in a day at work after a sleepless night. Such luxury.


15 comments:

  1. I enjoy the same LUXURY and love your creative cover up of the spot on the tee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent save on the t-shirt. I stayed up late reading and then couldn't sleep so I just gave in, turned the light back on, and finished the book. glad to be done with it. it was getting tiresome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Embroidering over that stain is a smart idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels a whole lot better to wear a little bit of art than a stained old tee.

      Delete
  4. Cute embroidery mum style
    I will keep that solution in mind. It will work on the bleach dots I have a talent for creating.
    No idea what those berries are. I hope someone does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleach dots are great for little motifs joined with a vine like shape.

      Delete
  5. Clever T-shirt save! Filing that idea away for later use.

    I suspect crabapple for the fruit. And to think - one season ending, a new one beginning. I really like this concept.

    Cheers,
    Chris

    PS Goldenrod! One of my favorite flowers! Thanks for sharing those photos. What a richness of color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just remembered I didn't make today's entry yet. Must do so to mark the new season.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful embroidery and a happy way to save the shirt! I tend to be a night owl and I am sooo thankful I no longer have to get up so early for work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you in sleepless nights - at 2 am last night I was out on the couch playing solitaire on my tablet. Used to lie in bed fuming about not being able to sleep and finally realized that, even though I don't want to turn a light on and wake Resident Chef, I can at least be doing something to occupy my mind. Great save on the shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really liking wearing it now. And yes, better to do something enjoyable than fret about sleep.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!